pixeltracker

The Worst Theatre in the US- Page 3

The Worst Theatre in the US

KrissySim
#50re: The Worst Theatre in the US
Posted: 8/4/08 at 4:25am

I certainly don't know the answer, but I've read bad things about this one. "Bad place to stage a show." "Bad sight lines." "Bad lighting angles." "Excellent acoustics", however.

I rather wish it was still around. You American theatre people must know where this is:

re: The Worst Theatre in the US

twoladies
#51re: The Worst Theatre in the US
Posted: 8/4/08 at 8:57am

Overture Center in Madison, WI. Most uncomfortable seats EVER. Other than that, the 2200 seat theatre has pretty great views from wherever you sit.

Jon
#52re: The Worst Theatre in the US
Posted: 8/4/08 at 2:00pm

Here's Chicago's Arie Crown Theatre, located inside the oldest section of the McCormick Place convention center. Before the Oriental,the Palace and the Auditorium were renovated, many of the big touring musicals used to play at this barn. I saw Lansbury and Hearn in SWEENEY TODD here.

Recently, the only shows that play here are Tyler Perry comedies, and other semi-musicals aimed at the African-American audience.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#53re: The Worst Theatre in the US
Posted: 8/4/08 at 2:05pm

For me, the Orpheum Theater where Stomp plays in NYC is the worst theater I've ever been in.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#54re: The Worst Theatre in the US
Posted: 8/4/08 at 2:18pm

I honestly think City Center is one of the worst. I sat in the $25 seats (i believe that's the rear mezz) when I saw Lupone Gypsy there, and it was HORRIBLE. It was like watching the whole show on a mini-tv screen with the volume turned way down.

dburns08
#55re: The Worst Theatre in the US
Posted: 8/4/08 at 4:07pm

Also, should be included on the list:

The Coral Springs City Center in Coral Springs, FL
and the Tampa Theater in Tampa, FL.

Videos