News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dburns08

dburns08 Profile Photo
Member Name: dburns08
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: If you were a Tony voter for this entire decade....
 Jul 19 2009, 08:53:44 AM
Contact
James Joyce's The Dead
Swing!
The Wild Party

The Producers
A Class Act
The Full Monty
Jane Eyre

Thoroughly Modern Millie
Mamma Mia!
Sweet Smell of Success
Urinetown: The Musical

Hairspray
Amour
A Year With Frog and Toad
Movin' Out

Avenue Q
Caroline, or Change
The Boy F

re: Which lotto is easier for a Sunday? Hair or West Side?
 Jul 19 2009, 08:49:29 AM
Hair, for sure.
re: Hair ticket lottery...
 May 31 2009, 12:44:13 PM
I did the lottery for the Sunday Matinee last week. There was maybe 50 people there, I wound up winning the last two tickets.
re: Next to Normal seats
 May 31 2009, 12:41:39 PM
I sat in seat A2 (first seat on the aisle, second row, house right) and my view was pretty obstructed when it came to facial expressions and reactions. Although I wouldn't consider it detrimental to my experience, I found myself settling for a back-of-the-head view for some songs when my neck started to hurt. It was also pretty difficult to get a good view of the top-most level of the set, although only used a few times in the show.

I would recommend a center section seat, preferably in

Jan 27 2009, 12:16:17 PM

re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
 Nov 10 2008, 12:27:44 PM
I laughed to tears in "Is He Dead?" I was very bummed that their success wasnt reflected at the Tonys (or the noms for that matter).
re: All My Sons rush
 Oct 20 2008, 07:25:35 PM
Most of the time shows restrict rush tickets to only students. But some shows offer a general rush, available the day of the show. Offhand I know that Chicago does this...
re: All My Sons rush
 Oct 20 2008, 12:44:04 PM
I tried rushing on Saturday evening--the guy at the box office said they werent doing it that night. Instead, he offered me a half-price partial view ticket in the second row. I was expecting a huge line for student rush... guess not.
re: Legally Blonde FINAL PERFORMANCE
 Oct 20 2008, 12:37:43 PM
I got there at about 9:30am for the 12noon box office opening. Apparently there were avid fans who had "camped out" from the night before--who littered the front of the theatre with blankets, pillows, empty McDonalds bags... lol. But when I got there, there were probably two dozen people in front of me--maybe 15 of which were attempting the student rush. By the time the box office opened, the line had tripled in size.
re: Gypsy Understudies
 Oct 20 2008, 12:34:43 PM
I loved Laura. But I also must commend Jessica Rush on a job done incredibly well (I saw her on Saturday afternoon). Her scenes with Patti were wonderfully emotional. Although her transition from "Little Lamb" into "The Strip" was more obvious and literal than Laura's (whose performance is seamless in terms of the transition), her voice is beyond beautiful.
re: Tale Of Two Cities is a must see
 Oct 20 2008, 12:21:01 PM
The musical was a mess. At times I was unsure whether it was attempting to make a mockery of itself or if it was attempting to be serious. The ensemble was brilliantly talented, the sets were slightly overambitious, the plot confusing. The leads did a wonderful job developing their characters--however awkward the situations they found themselves in were. Natalie Toro...what a waste. She has such a beautiful voice but her character was given small, insignificant stage time and a character that wa
re: Legally Blonde FINAL PERFORMANCE
 Oct 20 2008, 12:16:04 PM
My thoughts on last night's performance...

At first entrance into the Palace theatre I was immediately surrounded by more pink valour jumpsuits than I ever thought possible. The energy was undeniable, the die-hard Elle fans stuck out from those tourists who managed to find seats for their first time. Although my student rush seats were in the rear mezzanine, I was allowed a full view of the stage and an even better view of the easily riled and undeniably energetic audience that panned o

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/10
 Aug 11 2008, 06:36:59 PM
[tos]...

ugh, im scared.

re: Letts to pen OSAGE COUNTY screenplay - film in the works
 Aug 11 2008, 04:13:49 PM
gilvisto, the only thing I believe will be lost in the film version is the incredible staging employed in the play. The flow of characters' entrances, etc. was so natural that any feeling of theatricality was lost. Therefore my only apprehension lies with the translation of that reality felt during the stage version.

As for some of these choices... the way a person reads on screen is very easily altered with makeup. Are we forgetting Nicole Kidman in 'The Hours?' Cate Blanchett in 'Eliz

Aug 10 2008, 05:19:33 PM
Since we're throwing around possibilities...

I really like the idea of Rachel Griffiths as Barbara.

But how about:
Jeanetta Arnette as Barbara
Rachel McAdams as Karen

Aug 6 2008, 03:41:38 PM
Meryl Streep as Violet
Amy Morton as Barbara
Martha Plimpton as Ivy
Dakota Fanning as Jean

I absolutely loved Deanna Dunagan on Broadway (same with Estelle Parsons) but Streep has the film credibility and audience pull and she is an incredible screen actress.

re: The Worst Theatre in the US
 Aug 4 2008, 04:07:35 PM
Also, should be included on the list:

The Coral Springs City Center in Coral Springs, FL
and the Tampa Theater in Tampa, FL.

re: Great Score, Shame About The Book
 Aug 4 2008, 04:01:52 PM
I agree with:

"In The Heights" and
"Bklyn."

re: The Worst Theatre in the US
 Aug 3 2008, 02:00:54 PM
Last year I saw the Chicago production of 'Light in the Piazza' at the Auditorium Theatre. Not only was any sense of intimacy lost from the production, but the acoustics were simply awful. This theatre should be used only as a concert or pageant hall and not as a venue for musicals or touring productions.

As for South Florida, I prefer the Carnival Center in Miami over the Broward Center in Fort Lauderdale. The Broward Center's decor in the upper regions of the actual theatre (with latt

re: Young Frankenstein...Why?
 Aug 3 2008, 01:54:58 PM
I must say that I completely agree. I was incredibly hesitant about seeing this show-- I even purposely skipped out of seeing it multiple times because of the constant negativity surrounding the show, Mel Brooks, etc. But after winning the lottery and convincing myself that a twenty-five dollar front row ticket to an apparently 'mediocre' show was better than a full-priced ticket to another, on I went. I was not only pleasantly surprised with the show, but I must suggest that if this show preced
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You