pixeltracker

Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?- Page 3

Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#50re: Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?
Posted: 11/16/08 at 12:00am

"The songs are unmemorable, there are a lot of cheap laughs and they are unclear on the tone."

I think the jarring lack of conviction in tone is a major problem that's been largely overlooked -- the dumb, forced humor totally undercut attempts at poignance and drama. I, for one, couldn't at all be moved or convinced by "Deep Into the Ground" due to the lame, broad jokes that came before and after it.

monkeybutt Profile Photo
monkeybutt
#51re: Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?
Posted: 11/16/08 at 12:14am

When I was walking out of the theater, there was not one song that I was humming. It is Elton John isn't it supposed to be memorable.

FRIENDSHIP IS LIKE PEEING ON YOURSELF, EVERYONE CAN IT BUT ONLY YOU HAVE THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING

keithp Profile Photo
keithp
#52re: Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?
Posted: 11/16/08 at 12:16am

Liza + Jesus = Patti

You must be the rudest poster on here.We know you don't like it but your postings are GARBAGE!
Updated On: 11/16/08 at 12:16 AM

mwill
#53re: Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?
Posted: 11/16/08 at 6:02am

I don't depise this show. I am just incredibly disappointed by what I see on the stage. There are no memorable songs that stick with you. The sentimentality is mawkish in the extreme. It could have been so much better.

fakemyway2thetop
#54re: Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?
Posted: 11/16/08 at 8:58am

I did not like this show but I think 'despise' is too strong a word to describe it for me.

mwill London Profile Photo
mwill London
#55re: Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?
Posted: 11/16/08 at 5:21pm

How ironic that someone with an almost identical username should have exactly the opposite opinion to me!

Liza + Jesus = Patti
#56re: Did anyone else despise BILLY ELLIOT?
Posted: 11/16/08 at 5:53pm

The score and book are TERRIBLE.

the only decent thing is the cast. and that's pushing it.

Videos