News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 37

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Morla
#900The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/17/16 at 10:10am

what time does the house open at richard rodgers for the friday 8pm shows, IE what's the earliest people can get in?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#901The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/17/16 at 10:13am

This is pretty standard.   House opens 30 minutes prior.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Crazy NooNooHead Profile Photo
Crazy NooNooHead
#902The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/17/16 at 1:08pm

all_that_jazz said: "Okay so I don't count myself in as fan or obsessed yet but I have a question and obsessed fans are the ones who can help.  God knows I have my share of shows that I'm insanely passionate about and yet Hamilton so far for me has failed to make me want to see it.  No doubt it's good people are seeing it over and over. So I've heard it described as revolutionary etc.  What makes it revolutionary? What is that one thing about it that made you obsessed with it. "

I think what I love most about the show is that even though I've basically been listening to the recording non-stop (see what I did?) for months, I'm still discovering new things about it. It also took things I'm not usually that interested in (rap, history, politics) and made them interesting (for me, at least).

"I have maggots in my scrotum!"

marenarasauce
#903The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:19pm

This is kind of off topic but I'm wondering if anyone in this thread could give me some advice...As July 9th grows ever nearer I'm willing to try anything just to get in a room with Lin honestly. I'm heading to NYC next week but only for a couple days, not long enough to do the cancellation line. Does anyone think I would be able to find someone selling their tickets last minute in front of the theater or something? Or I've heard that people waiting in line for one ticket are sometimes willing to grab a second ticket for someone? Do y'all think this could work or should I give up on my dream of seeing the OBC forever?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#904The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/19/16 at 2:31pm

http://www.theonion.com/americanvoices/hamilton-casts-new-lead-53114

Cute, even if not terribly imaginative.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

aaaaaa15
#905The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/19/16 at 6:18pm

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7408964/hamilton-cast-album-billboard-200-tony-awards?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Hamilton cast recording reaches a new peak at no. 3 on the Billboard chart following the Tonys with an increase of 164%. Previous peak was no. 11.

Updated On: 6/19/16 at 06:18 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#906The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/19/16 at 8:22pm

wow great job to them!

also that onion blurb about Javier's casting is hilarious. have we heard if he'll have an alternate?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#907The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/19/16 at 8:26pm

On the day his casting was announced, the person who was tweeting the interview/press conference (I'm blanking on their name) said Munoz will perform 7 shows a week and a new alternate is being brought in.

linzfritz
#908The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/21/16 at 5:17pm

What do you think the atmosphere will be like outside the RRT on July 9? Worth showing up?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#909The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/21/16 at 9:34pm

if you have tickets why wouldn't you show up?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#910The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/21/16 at 9:37pm

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "On the day his casting was announced, the person who was tweeting the interview/press conference (I'm blanking on their name) said Munoz will perform 7 shows a week and a new alternate is being brought in."

It was Peter Marks.

https://twitter.com/petermarksdrama/status/743450036185477121

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

linzfritz
#911The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/21/16 at 11:08pm

gypsy101 said: "if you have tickets why wouldn't you show up?

"

I don't have tickets, just wondering if it would be worth showing up to witness the atmosphere outside the theatre. Seems like it might be exciting.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#912The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/21/16 at 11:29pm

Or cringe-inducing.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Showface
#913The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/21/16 at 11:35pm

This isn't related to tickets, but I haven't been able to shake this thought.

Does anyone else think that Patina Miller would make a really good Angelica Schuyler?

Ellen2
#914The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/25/16 at 11:45am

While being in the middle of an affair with Mrs. Reynolds, why is getting a letter from Mr. Reynolds "even better" ?

hannhannham
#915The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/25/16 at 12:07pm

It is sarcasm.

Ellen2
#916The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/25/16 at 12:48pm

hannhannham said: "It is sarcasm.

"

Is it? 

From the lyrics I don't get the idea Hamilton is that keen to get rid of Mrs. Reynolds.

toofunktastic2
#917The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/25/16 at 1:35pm

The lyrics are:

A month into this endeavor

I received a letter from a Mr. James Reynolds

Even better it said:

So, it's clearly sarcasm referring to the fact that getting a letter from your mistress' husband is bad, but getting a letter from your mistress' husband who's decided  to blackmail you is even worse. 

Updated On: 6/25/16 at 01:35 PM

Ellen2
#918The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/25/16 at 1:50pm

toofunktastic2 said: "The lyrics are:

A month into this endeavor

I received a letter from a Mr. James Reynolds

Even better it said:

So, it's clearly sarcasm referring to the fact that getting a letter from your mistress' husband is bad, but getting a letter from your mistress' husband who's decided  to blackmail you is even worse. 

"

Of course! Even though we see it "acted out", Hamilton is telling us about what happened, right? 

(Should I change my username to Captain Obvious?)

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#919The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/27/16 at 9:22pm

Just posted this in the thread about filmed performances, but it also belongs here. Because it is amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHLbk_cgZ_7/?taken-by=iamsethstewart

BroadwayConcierge
#920The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/8/16 at 2:10pm

Bumping this in an effort to prevent an onslaught of new Hamilton threads as Lin, Leslie, and Phillipa's final performance approaches tomorrow evening.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#921The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/8/16 at 3:47pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Bumping this in an effort to prevent an onslaught of new Hamilton threads as Lin, Leslie, and Phillipa's final performance approaches tomorrow evening."

well there's already one specifically about that performance so maybe that will be it?

theguter
#922The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/9/16 at 9:18am

Here's my humble submission on the ?#‎Downfall? Hitler Parody:
"How Hitler reacts when he finds out the ?#‎Hamilton? tickets he finally got will not include some of his favorite leading players..."

Apologies and love to Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr, Phillipa Soo, Jon Rua, Javier Muñoz, Betsy Struxness and so many more.

;">https://youtu.be/LJSGK1DTuZY

BroadwayConcierge
#923The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/9/16 at 8:58pm

If you haven't yet seen it, check out Carleigh Bettiol's takeover of the Hamilton Snapchat today before it disappears tomorrow. It's fantastic.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#924The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/9/16 at 9:41pm

Check out some of these posters that were considered for Bway:

Link

....but the world goes 'round

Videos