pixeltracker

Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day - Page 4

Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#75re: Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day
Posted: 7/29/09 at 1:53pm

I love wickedlover94's bizarre comments. This not only didn't have the shortest run of the season ("Story of My Life"), but it isn't even the biggest flop of the season! ("A Tale of Two Cities" - $16 MIL)

Too bad about the closing...!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#76re: Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:03pm

Somethingwicked, thanks for clarifying for me. I thought people were directing their comments about Mantello's work with celebrities to 9 TO 5.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#77re: Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:20pm

"Don't fret, middlebrows...we still have FIRST WIVES CLUB, SISTER ACT, and many other unremarkable shows based on popular movies for your eroding tastes."

LOL

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#78re: Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:23pm

I imagine the show will do very well on the road. Block and Hilty will tour, and they'll get some faded TV star like Joyce DeWitt to play Violet. It'll make a mint in the hinterlands.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#79re: Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:33pm

i did like it...but i know alot of people that did. it's a shame. i do see this being really successful on tour.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#80re: Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day
Posted: 7/30/09 at 1:59am

I think it's hard to judge tour success. I thought "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" would be a big hit on tour, and it flopped. People hated the show, as a cast member told me. So who knows? I mean, just because it has dolly's name doesn't mean people will flock to it.

And bjh2114, I saw two of the first couple of previews, so maybe they changed the line, but that's how it was originally said, or something close to it. Granted the 'new' version still sucks. So yeah, I know what I'm talking about :)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#81re: Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day
Posted: 7/30/09 at 3:18am

Think what you want about Riedel but I'd defy you to find an article that is untrue. Vicious true. But his sources are impeccable.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#82re: Riedel: 9 to 5 gets fired Labor Day
Posted: 7/30/09 at 11:38am

I absolutely agree, Bobby.

Videos