pixeltracker

Will Smith to Helm ANNIE Movie Remake Starring Daughter Willow?- Page 4

Will Smith to Helm ANNIE Movie Remake Starring Daughter Willow?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#75Will Smith to Helm ANNIE Movie Remake Starring Daughter Willow?
Posted: 2/10/11 at 10:18am

No, she declined. She said the character was too old to whip her hair back and forth.

Just give the world Love.

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#76Will Smith to Helm ANNIE Movie Remake Starring Daughter Willow?
Posted: 2/10/11 at 10:18am

"Annie ultimately does not need to be a period piece. At its heart its about an optimistic orphan who finds a family and teaches a wealthy man that there is more to life than money, namely love."

The more I sit here thinking about it, the more this piece could totally work in today's times.

Provided the Smith's get the rights to re-imagine and update, the movie itself will probably end up being blase' all things considered.

We currently have a black president; who in FDR's time would have thought that was possible?

As for Annie herself, she could be any one of hundreds of babies being dumped on hospital doorsteps thanks to current laws which give un-wed teen mom's an out instead of choosing to murder a newborn or toss it in a trash dumpster.

Hannigan, Rooster and so on...well the possibilities are endless. Same for Warbucks who could be Donald Trump, Bill Gates or any number of the world's current billionaires. Heck, considering Oprah is a billionaire, Annie could be adopted by a female Warbucks!!

Honestly, I'm not thrilled about this whole project and I am certainly not defending the musical. I'm sick of playing it and it's always being performed somewhere. But America loves beating a dead horse (i.e. the whole re-imagining kick we seem to be on) so much I've come to expect it.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#77Will Smith to Helm ANNIE Movie Remake Starring Daughter Willow?
Posted: 2/10/11 at 10:21am

This ANNIE needs to be a mix of PRECIOUS, 42ND STREET and maybe a little bit of THE SUITE LIFE mixed in there.

Videos