pixeltracker

Next for the Nederlander?- Page 4

Next for the Nederlander?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#75Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 3:01pm

Pinto, it is not true. You are being willfully ignorant. This is not something open to a difference of opinion. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#76Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 3:02pm

you just said that it can switch over the a for profit. Therefore, it can't fun as a not for profit for as long as it wants

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#77Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 3:06pm

We aren't talking about the Beaumont! We are talking about the nederlander!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#78Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 4:12pm

Pinto, I never said anything of the sort. What I said (and have told you repeatedly) is that after the original run the actors must be paid based on the production contract. That in no way suggests that the production switches to a for profit one and, as I explained, it could not without jeopardizing the entire LCT operation. (Now would there be any reason to do this.) Many LCT productions extend beyond their original runs, some for a very time (e.g., South Pacific, Contact). These shows can and indeed must run as non-profit productions. 

Phillypinto
#79Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:05pm

they can run for how long being non profits?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#80Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:18pm

forever. (as long as they want.) Being a non-profit has nothing to do with how long a show can run. It seems pretty obvious LCT does not mind taking its prime theatre out of play for years at a time if it has a show that is still attracting enough audience. 

Phillypinto
#81Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:22pm

well then why did Kad say this? hmmmmm

"Productions can only run as non-profits for a certain amount of time. At a certain point, they can become for-profit and the people employed on it will be paid full rates."

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#82Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:40pm

I don't know. Ask him. But if you quoted him accurately, what he said is wrong. 

Unlike some people, however, I feel confident that if Kad said something that was wrong, he'd admit his mistake.

Updated On: 7/28/15 at 05:40 PM

Phillypinto
#83Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:50pm

this is what i mean when i say that i am right all the time except when people on here give me wrong information!!! 

I hope you're reading this neon!!

ryandl15 Profile Photo
ryandl15
#85Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 9/26/15 at 4:54pm

Any news about possible shows moving into the Nederlander for the winter or spring?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#86Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 9/27/15 at 1:15am

This has been discussed in more recent threads. AMELIE is next.

MDM2015
#87Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 10/10/15 at 12:13am

Disaster! A New Musical 

Previews begin in February.

Kwong3
#88Next for the Nederlander?
Posted: 10/10/15 at 12:41am

Next for the Nederlander?LimelightMike said: "This has been discussed in more recent threads. AMELIE is next.

"

Videos