pixeltracker

DEH Actors Salaries Question?- Page 4

DEH Actors Salaries Question?

LarryD2
#75DEH Actors Salaries Question?
Posted: 7/25/17 at 11:00am

HogansHero said: "LarryD2 said: "The person getting the star salary in CAROUSEL will be Renee Fleming."

Because she proved to be such a ticket magnet the last time? LOL

"

Because she's one of the highest paid opera and concert artists in the world. 

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#76DEH Actors Salaries Question?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 12:22am

Tag said: "^For what reason would Will Roland or Kristolyn Lloyd be making over minimum?? (and probably Mike Faist too...)

"

Because they are playing characters who are essential to the plot and whose names we remember. Minimum is for actors playing incidental roles.

And because agents don't get a cut of a minimum contract. They have to negotiate at least 10% over minimum to get their 10%.

DISCLAIMER: It's been a few decades since I worked in theater management. You seem knowledgable, Tag. If you or Hogan tell me things have changed, I'll believe you.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#77DEH Actors Salaries Question?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 12:43am

HogansHero said: "...There is no such thing as a favored nation provision in the production (or most other) contracts.

"

When did that become true, Hogan (if you know)? I used to see such clauses fairly often.

(To the person who brought up "most favored nation" contracts, they aren't necessarily for minimum wage. The term just means that the contractee can't make less than certain other performers. If you give one a raise (or a perk), it has to be given to all.)

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#78DEH Actors Salaries Question?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 10:08am

@Gaveston, yes, typically principals get more than the minimum (without regard to contractual supplements), and that includes anyone except perhaps what in a musical equity would call Chorus. Re favored nations, what I said is that the equity contracts do not generally contain these clauses (and let's just focus on the production contract because it is not in there) so there is no overriding principle that because one person gets a raise everyone must. That does not mean however that an individual contract cannot provide that someone is entitled to a parallel raise when certain others get one. (One could also negotiate that no one gets paid as much as you do, and it gets fun when you find both in the same production. DEH Actors Salaries Question? Similar fun and games relating to font sizes... [I remember one show with so many font deals that the production considered hiring a mathematician with experience in differential calculus.]) 

natashalost
#79DEH Actors Salaries Question?
Posted: 8/4/18 at 4:08pm

Bumping this to ask if anyone knows what the new replacement casts are making? Or at least any estimates/guesses on what they're making.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#80DEH Actors Salaries Question?
Posted: 8/4/18 at 4:27pm

Im assuming Mallory, Sky, and Pheonix are all making around minimum. Alex I can see making a bit more than that, while Lisa and Taylor are probs making 5,000 or more

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LarryD2
#81DEH Actors Salaries Question?
Posted: 8/4/18 at 5:26pm

Every principal actor in this production makes well above union minimum. Their exact salaries are no one's business except for themselves and their managers. As others have said, virtually every actor employed on a principal contract makes above minimum.

Videos