pixeltracker

Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark- Page 4

Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#75re: Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:12pm

I wasn't aruing "the cast" - I was arguing the combination of the cast and the movie... :)

And erinrebecca - Drew was indeed hired about three months before he went on. I'd argue Ryan would need a similar amount of time. He's young, and Roger's a very difficult part.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

GirlfriendFromCanada
#76re: Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:25pm

But the movie won't be out until November at least, so they won't start seeing revenue from it until after then. I'm just playing devil's advocate now. re: Ryan Cabrera in  RENT for the next Mark

TheGaIsSilent
#77re: Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:27pm

True, but the pre-movie press has already started. The show's been sold out quite a lot lately, which is unheard of for RENT in February. (Just arguing devil's advocate back atcha).

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

SuddenlyTrey Profile Photo
SuddenlyTrey
#78re: Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:31pm

whatever

"Jaime's convienced that the problems are mine. Jaime is probably doing just fine. And I'm still hurting."

erinrebecca
#79re: Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark
Posted: 2/25/05 at 5:28pm

TheGa, Drew was hired three months before he started performing but he didn't have three months of rehearsals. He had other commitments in that time and his rehearsal schedule was scattered for part of those three months. I stand by what I said, very few castmembers have ever had three months to learn a role. When the Canadian cast was formed, they had less than six weeks of rehearsal and that was an entirely new cast which would be much more difficult than bringing one new person in.

The grosses have been great for one week, good for one week before, and pitiful for the week before that. They really aren't that far off what they were for the same period last year. To be honest, I can't see Ryan Cabrera bringing in many people even if they do hire him.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#80re: Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark
Posted: 2/26/05 at 7:47am

you're hilarious! :)

TheGaIsSilent
#81re: Ryan Cabrera in RENT for the next Mark
Posted: 2/26/05 at 12:29pm

LOL, ditto on the hilarious. OY.

Videos