News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SuddenlyTrey

SuddenlyTrey Profile Photo
Member Name: SuddenlyTrey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DO ME A LITTLE, a new play produced by Avenue Q's Nicholas Kohn
 Aug 26 2012, 12:21:24 PM
Thanks everyone for coming and talking about it!!!
SISTER ACT's Last Show
 Aug 26 2012, 12:20:20 PM
I am I am!!
go go go rosef u kno wut they say
 Aug 21 2012, 12:19:08 AM
love rosie. hope all is well
legitimacy of AfterWork Theater Project
 Aug 17 2012, 05:05:51 PM
Sounds pretty awesome to me! We "Pay to Play" everywhere else in life, so the deposit doesn't really bother me. It just ensures the show will be top notch!
Can someone give me some Everyday Rapture song context Please?
 Jul 11 2010, 07:41:40 PM
good point. Sucks that now, if you didn't see it, then you'll never know how wonderful it was.
Can someone give me some Everyday Rapture song context Please?
 Jul 11 2010, 07:25:54 PM
I also hate that the Cast Recording doesn't include dialogue. Especially since they rewrote endings and include sections of the songs that don't actually exist in the stage show. (Perhaps because they recorded the album while still at Second Stage.)

Sherie has said in interviews that she really wanted to have a film recording of the show, so maybe that's why they just did the songs. Also, when they did record it, they weren't sure if it would ever transfer so making a 40 mins CD ob

9 to 5 Tour
 Jul 11 2010, 07:08:43 PM
Niki Scalera is playing Doralee
Goodbye, EVERYDAY RAPTURE
 Jul 11 2010, 07:06:35 PM
Such an incredible piece of theatre.

After the Curtain Call today the cast all held hands and sang "Give Me Love" (one of the bonus songs on the album, and originally in the off broadway version). Then Sherie thanked 'Everyone" , "Roundabout" and said, "Remember, Broadway IS love!"

It was very sweet.

ALSO: On today's article on playbill.com: "There are discussions about a possible tour for fall 2011-12, Playbill.com has learned."

fingers crossed.

Everyday Rapture Extension?
 Jun 6 2010, 02:37:55 AM
Roundabout doesn't account for extensions in their season. Although Everyday Rapture is the last slot for American Airlines, I am certain Todd Haimes will not go for an extension.

Drowsy Chaperone Tour- now with intermission?
 Feb 19 2010, 08:36:37 PM
The Venue in Nashville requested an intermission. It was only added for this one stop.
re: Whoopi confirms 'Sister Act: The Musical'
 Nov 15 2008, 06:02:38 PM
Patina = success
re: Brighton Beach Memoirs/Broadway Bound
 Nov 15 2008, 05:52:41 PM
The casting notice said the audition for Eugene was held on the 3rd and they didn't release it to the press until the next day (the 4th). But on the broadway.com press release it said they would be holding an audition for Eugene later in the month, but the playbill press release didn't mention that information.
Sweet Charity Ending Question
 Apr 22 2008, 08:50:47 PM
From my understanding the original ending in the out of towns, Chairty committed suicide in the lake... she never climbed back out. Since it was rather harsh the producers made Fosse and Simon change the ending to something "more fairy tale like" so they wrote the horrid Good Fairy bit as a joke for Ruth Buzzi to drive home the fact that life isn't a fairy tale... but alas the producers LOVED the good fairy and it remained until the movie and subsequent revivals.

And no other rights are released to the show other than the original 66 copyright. So any other endings and the ferris wheel bit are illegal.... unfortunately. (Unless of course you are doing it on Broadway with Christina Applegate)

re: Not Afraid by Michael Arden
 Dec 2 2007, 11:51:18 PM
I got it from Michael Lavine in new york.
Romantic Poetry: A Musical Play
 Aug 25 2007, 02:05:18 AM
My money is on Patina Miller!
re: You're A Good Man Charlie Brown Qs...
 Aug 19 2007, 11:55:11 PM
Hey! I just finished a summerstock job as Charlie. And everyone has already answered everything, but I'll just add my two cents.

6 people 2 girls and 4 boys.
You can order either version but I prefer the revival! Andrew Lippa is a God!

I agree with LuPonatic that everyone says not to add characters but it IS done all the time because YAGMCB is such a small show, but it is small for a reason. But lots of audience memebers actually wanted to see the Little Red Haired girl

re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
 Aug 31 2006, 04:24:07 PM
oh! sorry I didn't know that... That still seems odd. thanks!
re: Best Prostitution Songs
 Aug 31 2006, 04:16:29 PM
I agree with Heat is On from Miss Siagon.
How bout, The Buck Stops Here from Great American Trailer Park. (She's a stripper not a prostitute though)

re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
 Aug 31 2006, 04:02:31 PM
Wait....has anyone wondered why Eden is leaving early? Does anyone know why she isn't finishing those 13 weeks of the contract? Because I believe she should be done in Jan.
re: High school's 'Urinetown' offends NH prudes
 Jan 26 2006, 05:59:43 PM
HAHA I am in a small Southern area, so this seems rather expected to my way of thought. I hate that people are so closed minded about things....
In the words of Zanna, Don't "If Musical Theatre doesn't take on serious issues, what will?" :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You