News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Wicked did not win a Tony???- Page 4

Wicked did not win a Tony???

Hairspraydoll Profile Photo
Hairspraydoll
#75Tony Awards
Posted: 9/5/05 at 7:45pm

Wickedjerseygirl = FUNNY.

Be the change you want in the world....

LaVieBoheme2 Profile Photo
LaVieBoheme2
#76Tony Awards
Posted: 9/5/05 at 8:03pm

I found it a big triumph when Avenue Q won over Wicked because (as we saw this year with Spamalot)I think big productions tend to win, and something not as mainstream winning was awesome for me (and I think it compleatly deserved it, it was so much more original, even though I didn't get a chance to see Caroline or Change (I wish I did though)). But, don't get me wrong, I did like Wicked (even though there were a lot of really obvious flaws, and the OBC was really the most worthwhile part). Thank you to those of you explaining why Wicked is treated the way it is around here (frontrowcenter and urban), you said it well. And Elphaba610, just a word of advice for future reference: don't take it personally when people are mean to you on here, but do be careful about what you say, and be able to back up your opinions.

Elyse. No day but Today. My avatar: me talking to Norbert Leo Butz.

ReederWI Profile Photo
ReederWI
#77Tony Awards
Posted: 9/5/05 at 10:33pm

I saw Wicked, Avenue Q and Caroline or Change all in the same trip to NY the summer before last. I have to say that I enjoyed Caroline or Change the least out of the three. It was interesting, but it left me feeling sort of flat. The other two shows were far more engaging and emotional. Maybe it's just me, but other than the seeing "Lot's Wife" live and witnessing the entire performance of Anika Noni Rose, Caroline Or Change just didn't cut it for me.

Videos