News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ReederWI

ReederWI Profile Photo
Member Name: ReederWI
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'The Wiz' Movie and Question
 Jul 7 2006, 10:04:26 PM
The film was bad and despite it's drawbacks, it received four Oscar nominations. The nominations were:

Best Art Direction
Best Cinematography- Oswald Morris
Best Costumes- Tony Walton
Best Music (Adapted Score)- Quincy Jones

The film lost in each category.

Art Direction went to Heaven Can Wait
Cinematography went to Days of Heaven
Costumes went to Death on the Nile
Best Music went to The Buddy Holly Story in a 3 way race for the Oscar.

re: Dirty Rotten...Shuffhausen scene with feather
 May 29 2006, 10:13:49 AM
So what all is involved in this scene?
Dirty Rotten...Shiffhausen scene with feather
 May 28 2006, 09:54:48 AM
Hi,

Could someone give me more details about the feather scene with Shiffhausen? I am not familiar with what happens with Norbert Leo Butz in this.

one word
 Dec 17 2005, 02:27:10 PM
records
Rent Attendance Anecdotes
 Nov 26 2005, 09:52:31 PM
I just got back from the theatre tonight. I enjoyed the film but I much prefer it on the stage. I think a big kinetic component of the work is missing by placing it on the screen. I went with three friends- all of whom are theatre fans. Two of them didn't care for it much and one thought it was pretty good.

The theatre is in a suburban part of Milwaukee- about half full of theatre-goers. People cried at Angel's death, but other than that, the theatre was pretty quiet. Milwaukee is not

re: Favorite Song in Rent
 Nov 19 2005, 01:59:47 PM
Out Tonight and Take Me Or Leave Me
re: How Shall I See You Through My Tears?
 Nov 8 2005, 06:07:40 PM
"Here's Where I Stand", "Want of a Nail" and "The Ladies Who Lunch" are the only songs I listen to. The others are all too sappy and sugar-coated.

Tony Awards
 Sep 5 2005, 10:33:00 PM
I saw Wicked, Avenue Q and Caroline or Change all in the same trip to NY the summer before last. I have to say that I enjoyed Caroline or Change the least out of the three. It was interesting, but it left me feeling sort of flat. The other two shows were far more engaging and emotional. Maybe it's just me, but other than the seeing "Lot's Wife" live and witnessing the entire performance of Anika Noni Rose, Caroline Or Change just didn't cut it for me.
re: Sergeant Trotter in Mousetrap
 Jul 28 2005, 07:25:11 AM
Roquat- I appreciate the post to my question. Your points are well taken. Sorry, if the question spoils the "tradition" of not knowing the outcome to the show. But I needed the advice!
Sergeant Trotter in Mousetrap
 Jul 27 2005, 10:04:30 PM
I have been looking over this character in Mousetrap and I have been feeling him out. Any advice on how he should be played or what traits you see emerging as the show progresses?
Tips on Memorizing a lot of Dialogue in a Play
 Jul 26 2005, 07:41:26 AM
I was wondering if any of you have any tips on the best ways to remember a lot of dialogue/lines in a play. What things work best for you?
One problem that I have...
 Jun 14 2005, 10:07:46 AM
is how some girls I know (who are high school students) believe they can sing exactly like Kristin Chenoweth. Then, when they actually do get on stage, they sing "Popular" and completely bomb. Just because you feel you have a high voice, doesn't meet you can pull off what Cheno does.
re: 110 in the Shade help
 Jun 9 2005, 09:03:08 PM
I was in 110 In the Shade for a community theatre group. I played Noah Curry and I had so much fun with that role.
Jane Krakowski in "Nine"
 May 31 2005, 05:52:06 PM
I never saw this show or heard much about her performance. How was she? Who did she play and what helped her win the Tony for this role?
re: What has been your smallest role and biggest role?
 May 29 2005, 09:48:25 AM
Smallest: traveling salesman in "The Music Man"

Largest: Noah Curry in "110 In the Shade"

*These are the only two shows I have ever done

re: SPAMALOT, DRS OR ALL SHOOK UP?
 May 26 2005, 06:31:47 PM
I would recommend "Spamalot." I loved the show and thought it was very entertaining. Sara Ramirez is outstanding. Her voice is so exceptional that she can pretty much do anything with it.
Sara Ramirez in Spamalot- yay or nay...and why?
 May 9 2005, 08:57:54 PM
I saw Sara in Spamalot and I am listening to the CD now. So I am curious- what do you all think of her? Do you think she is the sh*t? Yay or nay and most of all...why or why not? Thanks!
re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
 Apr 21 2005, 10:13:36 PM
I have a weakness for actors who are barefoot onstage. I am liking the Adam Pascal post....who else has been barefoot?
re: Spamalot Men all considered Leading, Gleason/Jbara are Featured
 Apr 16 2005, 01:09:33 PM
I think the musical actor nominees will only come from 2 shows and those will be:

Hank Azaria
Tim Curry
David Hyde Pierce
Norbert Leo Butz
John Lithgow

*And Norbert will win.

re: What's your job? What's your passion?
 Mar 25 2005, 10:26:18 AM
My job: Kindergarten teacher

My passions: travel, food, the arts, and finding a guy to fall in love with.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You