pixeltracker

Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???- Page 4

Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???

WickedRentHead
#75re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 9:24pm

Oy...I went to the evening show on 10/15 and let me tell you the lobby scene was not so pretty. There was a decent sized crowd there and like it even looked like it was going to be somewhat organized. There was a pathway and everything. And then I saw all these people with Rent and Wicked stuff which like...I personally would never bring stuff from other shows but whatever. But then there were like all these homemade poster and such. SO then she comes out and freaking high pitched screaming, shrieking stuff goes on and I just cringe. The the mob happens....crowding around her. She signed...and took pictures if you asked and had the camera ready. And like you had to ask to even take pictures OF all the actors not even with them. But yes she did take pictures with people and sign. Things werent THAT bad at first but then it was just out of hand. People were yelling to her and waving stuff around her face and she looked so frazzled and sketched out. She had that look...like she had those wide eyed deer in headlight eyes that she gets when shes freaked out or scared...like she had at some of the Wicked stage doors that she DIDNT have at Ptown when people werent freaking out and such.

Worst part is, as she tried to leave, the mass of people pushed after her down the stairs and out the door where she was kind enough to stop and sign and take some more pictures. Then, surrounded by Public Theater staff, she began to go down the street where the people FOLLOWED her to the point where they were brisky walking down the street, one of the people from the theater had to flag down a cab and they got her in it QUICK. It was crazy...she seemed so like scattered and freaked out by the time she made it halfway through the lobby it was not cool.

Idina was more than gracious with everyone, signing stuff and taking pictures and people were STILL mobbing her like crazy and thorwing stuff in her face and such....it was ugly

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#76re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 9:35pm

That's insane! People have no shame!

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#77re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 9:38pm

She's so nice. I hate when people do that, especilly when so many of her fans KNOW she HATES crowds.

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#78re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 9:44pm

"Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???" You only need one question mark.

<-- despises excessive question marks!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#79re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:05pm

I hate these teens, f&*king freaks.

I wish they put a ban on this show like - anyone 14 and under NOT permitted in the Theatre.

This is ridiculous.

Yankeefan007
#80re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:09pm

To all of the detractors, why does Idina Menzel's fan following matter to you? She has a large fanbase, big deal. Chasing her down the street is quite extreme, but I don't see why you have to bash people who admire her. "Anyone 14 and under NOT permitted..." what does it matter? The show is selling tickets.

BSoBW2
#81re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:16pm

Why not make it 17 and under ljay?

Oh...right...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#82re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:18pm

That's fine, but if you want to see an adult/mature show with a bunch of screaming tween girls. Followed by more screaming tweens harrasing Idina in the lobby, and chasing her down the street - that's your issue.

The show was not meant for this. And Idina did NOT want this.

It's a shame.

Oh because BS The show is recommended for over 13 and under. Updated On: 10/16/05 at 10:18 PM

Yankeefan007
#83re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:19pm

how do you know Idina did NOT want this? Maybe she's happy with her fan following?

ashley0139
#84re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:20pm

Didn't someone say that she even warned against the show to the younger people on her website? Personally, I would be kind of embarassed if I brought a bunch of screaming people to a show that was not that kind of show. And I think it's great that she recognized that it wasn't that kind of show. She's respectful of her craft, and I think that's admirable.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife
Updated On: 10/16/05 at 10:20 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#85re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:20pm

From her message on her site.

We know what it was insinuating.

And we know she dosen't like huge crowds. Come on, she dosen't like that stuff.

ihearttheatre
#86re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:26pm

I think it's great that she is so well loved, but it would be nice for those crazy "let's chase her down the street" people to chill out a little. That high pitched screaming really hurts my ears too.

Actually, I'm just selfish. I want them all to go away so I can have a picture, autograph, and possibly an awkward conversation. re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???

Nov.10=no screeching Wicked/Rent fans allowed

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#87re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:37pm

That's when I'm going!

re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???

I don't scream, nor am I crazy.

Where are you sitting?

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.

BroadwaynSeventh Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh
#88re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:38pm

I don't think that this has anything to do with age I think its just the way people act. I mean I'm 16 and I would NEVER attack someone like those people attack Idina. But dang we took my G-ma to the Lawrence Welk(sp) thing in Branson one time and she attacked no joke attacked the stars of the show. So I don't think you should be saying its only the teens cause its not.

alli2
#89re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:40pm

I just wanted to be the first to post the happenings tonight here.

There were two or three girls who had made shirts resembling the I <3 NY shirts, but it said Idina in place of NY, obviously. Then they were wearing red track pants that resembled those that Idina wore at her last show in Wicked. Idina signed their stuff and ran past them as quick as possible.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#90re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:41pm

I'll be sure to change the way I view things when I see a grandma attack Idina.

I do agree that there are some people under 16 or so who are calm and collected but from my experiences (and I've had a lot of them) they can be pretty insane.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#91re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:42pm

alli- If I were Idina I would have laughed in their faces.

Updated On: 10/16/05 at 10:42 PM

ihearttheatre
#92re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:43pm

Left Orchestra, Row C-- I can't remeber the specific seats.

I agree that it is not about age. I am only 15, but consider myself to be rather mature. I would never EVER scream like that or act as obnoxious as many of Idina's fans have. I also understand that there are musicals other than Rent and Wicked, though I enjoy both. It just happens that the obnoxious fans happen to fall within my age group.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#93re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:44pm

Ah, gotta love groupies. :)

When I attend SWIWS I will be there with my camera in tow, but I am guessing that I'll be too afraid of the Tweenies that I won't bother.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#94re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:45pm

Totally off topic - but does anyone know why here site is down? If you try to access Idina's official site, you get re-routed to http://www.fatcow.com/templates/bandwidth.bml.

Kind of weird.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#95re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:46pm

Sounds like she exceeded her bandwith. The tweenies strike again. re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???

Either that or the new record company could be in the process of moving her site over...

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#96re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:47pm

Warner might be re-doing her site. I don't know for sure, but it would make sense.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#97re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:49pm

Patronus...you beat me to it...and I'm MAJORING in this crap!

A few days after Idina got signed the president of WEA (Warner's distribution company) came to my school. It was slightly exciting because he talked about how faithful they were to their artists.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#98re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:52pm

Patronus - did you end up "doing" Chita after all?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#99re: Is Idina Signing Autographs These Days???
Posted: 10/16/05 at 10:55pm

I did - I got my tickets for Nov 5th matinee.

Videos