News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Member Name: Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 17 2024, 09:17:26 AM

smidge said: "Jordan Catalano said: "If he wasn’t doing “Macbeth”, I’d say this would be a great musical vehicle for Jake Gyllenhaal."

He’s not doing Macbeth.
"

Assuming they meant Othello.

Regardless, I am curious what the producers will do next. There aren't many actors at Rannells' "price range" who would be as good as or better than him. There are some celebs, lik

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 16 2024, 11:33:36 PM

I'd checked the show's website two hours ago and Andrew was still on it. Just checked again and they've since removed him. Would love to be a fly on the wall behind the scenes at the moment. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:24:11 PM

Shows that do one song in its entirety versus a medley always seem to have the most effective performances. 

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jun 16 2024, 09:13:33 AM

*sigh* not like this...

Someone on Reddit suggested they go the Little Shop route and rotate in new leads every few months. That's an idea I actually love for this show. 

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Jun 13 2024, 11:02:23 PM

Dkinny23 said: "It’s really interesting to me that people are having such a hard time understanding Brody. I generally have a hard time deciphering lyrics, especially when it’s new source material, but I remember when I first saw it in previews thinking to myself how refreshing it was that he was so clear and that I could understand every word he was saying and singing. Is it people who are not from New York / NJ who are having a hard time understanding him?"

Jun 12 2024, 08:41:15 PM

Echoing what others have said regarding Brody Grant's diction. I was really struggling to understand him throughout several big numbers. At first I thought it was the sound, but quickly realized he was the only performer I was having this problem with. That was my biggest nit regarding performances in this show. Hopefully this is something he works on as he grows as a performer. 

Jun 11 2024, 10:38:13 PM

This was the final Best Musical nominee I had to see and I really, really enjoyed it. While Illinoise moved me deeply and was my personal favorite, I do think The Outsiders is likely my frontrunner for the win.

There's nothing I can say that others haven't already said, but one thing I wanted to remark on was how many young (and very well behaved!) audience members there were. From what I could tell, there were four different school groups in the mezzanine and they al

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews
 Jun 5 2024, 04:45:50 PM

JSquared2 said: "Dirty Rotten Scoundrel said: "Was at the show this evening. Maleah wasstruggling vocally during the second song and it was very clear she was not 100%. She ran offstage halfway through the song and an announcement came on that they were addressing an issue. 10 minutes later, they announced that Jade Milan would be performing the role for the rest of the show. Jade was fantastic and the audience really rallied around her and went wild cheering after she sang

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews
 Jun 4 2024, 11:46:33 PM

Was at the show this evening. Maleah was struggling vocally during the second song and it was very clear she was not 100%. She ran offstage halfway through the song and an announcement came on that they were addressing an issue. 10 minutes later, they announced that Jade Milan would be performing the role for the rest of the show. Jade was fantastic and the audience really rallied around her and went wild cheering after she sang her first notes. 

Shoshana Bean and Kecia Lewis

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway
 May 22 2024, 11:49:03 PM

Seeing this tonight made me realize that I need to give myself permission to leave at intermission if I am not connecting with a show. I stuck around for Act 2 and regret doing so. The music, as others have said, is sorely lacking. Any momentum is ground to a halt whenever a song begins. Unfortunately, Grant Gustin has the type of voice where, if you heard him singing at karaoke, you'd go 'huh, he's pretty good!!' - but you probably wouldn't think 'huh, he sh

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 18 2024, 09:27:15 AM

Saw this last night. While I am not necessarily a fan of modern dance, I've been a Sufjan Stevens fan for years. My god. I started crying early on and pretty much didn't stop. What a stunning piece of theatre. We're lucky to have this on Broadway even if just for a short while. 

Tony Awards Simulcast Event Will Be Held in Damrosch Park with Live Performances
 May 11 2024, 12:02:53 PM

I couldn't find any info online, so I just rang up AMEX concierge. The rep mentioned that while they typically have access to additional details like registration opening dates, he couldn't find anything on his end either, unfortunately. Looks like we'll just have to keep checking that AMEX page for updates.

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 8 2024, 06:29:25 PM

Deadline: Broadway’s ‘Illinoise’ Cancels Performance Following Death Of Backstage Company Member

"Tonight’s performance of Broadway‘s Sufjan Stevens dance musical Illinoise has been canceled due to the death of a backstage company member.

The death did not occur at the St. James Theatre, where Illinoise is playing. The company member is not a performer and does not appear onstage, and has not been identified."

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 4 2024, 11:10:52 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Tried to PM you but your messages are turned off"

If you could send me a PM as well, I would be most appreciative. Desperate to listen to this on repeat with some huge headphones. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 09:15:14 AM

I am a fan of both of them, but a bit surprised by the nominations for Schreiber and Ryan. I felt both of them gave relatively lackluster performances of two incredibly meaty roles. 

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 27 2024, 09:21:09 PM

Loved it loved it loved it. Didn't so much as glance at my watch the entire time. I'll be recommending this show to anyone who will listen. Can't wait to go again, and to have the cast recording on repeat. 

STILL Off Broadway
 Apr 15 2024, 09:48:02 PM

MemorableUserName said: "I just checked Telecharge. It looks like they're selling the front row for $10 this week, or $16.50 including fees."

Ah great shout! I hadn't seen any $16.50 tix on the dates I was considering, but was able to get one for a different date. Appreciate it! Looking forward to the show. 

STILL Off Broadway
 Apr 15 2024, 08:32:57 PM

I've been considering getting a ticket to this but can only see $65 or $90 options plus fees which feels a bit steep tbh. But I'm keeping an eye out for reviews to decide if I want to bite the bullet and grab a ticket anyway! Glad to know you enjoyed so thoroughly. 

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews
 Apr 15 2024, 04:36:44 PM

I can't recall from when I saw this at Paper Mill, so can anyone confirm if Jeremy Jordan was using that OTT mid-Atlantic accent in that production as well? I don't remember being so struck by it at Paper Mill, but I found it pretty jarring when I revisited on Broadway. Perhaps it's a deliberate choice to again show how Gatsby doesn't truly belong and he's doing whatever he can to put on airs, but it felt more like one actor choosing to do an accen

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Apr 9 2024, 07:25:16 AM

Anyone know how long Derek Klena's contract is for? Have some family members who'd like to see the show at some point, but Klena is not my cuppa so I'd prefer to hold off and see who the next Christian is if I can. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You