pixeltracker

And the 2006 Tony Awards Host is...- Page 4

And the 2006 Tony Awards Host is...

BrookArtsCenter Profile Photo
BrookArtsCenter
#75re: And the 2006 Tony Awards Host is...
Posted: 1/19/06 at 1:27pm

Co-Hosts: Jackie Mason and Julia Roberts -- I don't particularly like him, but he can handle a joke and the two would bring an interesting cross-section of audience

OR

Have the cast of a Bway show host the show in character (for instance, Avenue Q or Spelling Bee)

Just a wild and weird idea...

-------------------- Brook Arts Center closed due to flooding from April 2007 Nor'easter. Watch www.brookarts.org for more info.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#76re: And the 2006 Tony Awards Host is...
Posted: 1/19/06 at 3:04pm

I think an ensemble of hosts can be effective (such as when Lane, Hines, and Close cohosted), but I can't see the Tony's ever opting for group that might be identified as the cast of one show, as it would provide very unequal publicity for that one production. Two stars of a show is one thing, but the whole ensemble would be dicey and likely met with a lot of protest from the producers of other shows.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#77re: And the 2006 Tony Awards Host is...
Posted: 1/19/06 at 3:54pm

I kinda hope Oprah hosts. Maybe with a co-host. I am going to be there so I am crossing my fingers. Plus I have two friends who will die if I see Oprah in person! It would be cool if Alan Cummings or Maybe Chita co-hosted.

Just give the world Love.

Videos