pixeltracker

SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue- Page 4

SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#75re: SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue
Posted: 12/31/06 at 12:03pm

"it's definatly trying to appeal to a more mainstream "rent" fanbase."

How come people don't get it is based on a play in the late 1800's and its story isn't trying to be like Rent.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#76re: SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue
Posted: 12/31/06 at 5:35pm

People just don't get it.
They need a reference point.
This show is very different than RENT.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#77re: SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue
Posted: 12/31/06 at 5:44pm

Had this come out 10 years ago like RENT, it would have had the same appeal because it has "non - mainstream" themes to it. However, in the year 2007, mostly every teen movie or TV drama series has portrayed the same "non-mainstream" themes. It's not really that ground breaking, except that some people didn't realize what would be shown when actually seeing the play live. Hell, I think the characters were supposed to be 15-16 in this play, most kids are sexually active at 12 - 13 now a days! I liked it, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't some awe inspiring "oh my god, stuff like this actually happens", like a lot of people reacted in 1996 RENT era. Just my thoughts.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#78re: SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue
Posted: 12/31/06 at 5:50pm

I went to Barnes&Nobles to get this issue and, they won't have their shipment of this issue in until next week.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#79re: SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue
Posted: 12/31/06 at 5:56pm

Is it common for broadway casts to make it into "mainstream" magazines? I know the RENT cast was in a bunch back in the day, and I've seen some idina/cheno ones for WICKED, but it is common? Or does it have to be a really big hyped show for it to happen? just wondering.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#80re: SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue
Posted: 12/31/06 at 6:01pm

Teen Vogue is a pretty major magazine. There had to be something special to people about the show since they decided to have in in their magazine.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#81re: SPRING AWAKENING in Teen Vogue
Posted: 12/31/06 at 6:18pm

>Is it common for broadway casts to make it into "mainstream" magazines?<

Yes. Vogue and Elle write about new and notable Broadway and Off-Broadway theatre productions pretty much every month, and Vanity Fair selectively spotlights new Broadway productions. Just this fall, for example, Vanity Fair featured photos of cast members from Chorus Line, and Bill Nighy (The Vertical Hour) is on the cover of this month's Fanfair section in Vanity Fair. Recent Vogue photos and articles included Kristin Chenoweth for The Apple Tree, Ashley Brown and Gavin Lee for Mary Poppins for Vogue and Raul Esparza and several of his other Company castmates.

Other national magazines like Time and Newsweek also write about the theatre on occasion, although not to the degree they once did. Entertainment Weekly also has a theatre column about once a month, and does a theatre story or spotlight article every now and then.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Videos