pixeltracker

Ever went to a show to see a specific actor...- Page 4

Ever went to a show to see a specific actor...

ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
#75Went to see Donny Osmond in Joseph
Posted: 5/29/07 at 1:05pm

and saw the understudy.

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#76Jason Patric was replaced
Posted: 5/29/07 at 2:36pm

I Had tix for "Millie" & it was 2 days after Sutton Foster won the Tony. She must've partyed too much & was out darn it.

But even worse. I just bought tix a month ago to see Jason Patric in "In a Dark Dark House" and a week later he was replaced by Fredrick Weller.... MCC won't give me a refund cause it's not "on" Broadway. Anybody wanna buy 2 tickets for the June 9th matinee? I didn't think so.

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 5/29/07 at 02:36 PM

#77Went to see Donny Osmond in Joseph
Posted: 5/29/07 at 2:38pm

went to go see john tartaglia in B&TB and saw his understudy, who was great so i cant really complain. the same night i got a beast understudy, who broke character every 6 seconds. not so great. i also saw drew as enjrolas and he was great. i wanted desperatly to see jesse tyler ferguson in spelling bee and just missed him and saw barret foa, but he was fantastic so i cant really complain. no big horror stories here!

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#78Went to see Donny Osmond in Joseph
Posted: 5/29/07 at 2:40pm

When I saw RENT, Cary Shields was out. Matt Caplan was out as well, but he wasn't the reason I was going. So, I went back the following week and both were in.

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

mrslovett7
#79Went to see Donny Osmond in Joseph
Posted: 5/29/07 at 5:25pm

oh that would SUCK! I remember I went to see The Producers to see Gary Beach and I was soooo scared that with mt luck it would be an understudy, thankfully it was not.

The closest it's ever came was I went to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and thought, "oh cool, I'm in the front row and Norbert Leo Butz is in this!" it ended up being his understury Joe Cassidy who turned out to be great

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

Hank
#80Went to see Donny Osmond in Joseph
Posted: 5/29/07 at 9:44pm

Benadette Peters in Gypsy.
Got to see Maureen Moore instead, and she was wonderful!

To all those people who missed Sutton in Millie, I feel bad for you. I got to see her 6 times, including once when she had a cold and got to talk to her at stage door. I don't think she took off a lot, just bad luck.

Videos