pixeltracker

Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel- Page 4

Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#75re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel
Posted: 11/27/08 at 11:35am

Travolta can easily be replaced, I agree. I think the only person who may be a problem is Efron considering how many musicals he's done, and still has Footloose lined up. Queen Latifah already said she'd return and Elijah and Nikki will obviously come back as well. I doubt Bynes or Walken would say no.
Updated On: 11/27/08 at 11:35 AM

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#76re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel
Posted: 11/27/08 at 12:47pm

I hope Travolta does not reconsider and ends up doing the movie. He was the one bad thing about the first one. It's too bad they didn't use Harvey but I understand why they didn't.

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#77re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel
Posted: 11/27/08 at 12:54pm

Yeah, getting Zac Efron back might be a little challenging. Which is a shame because he was quite good in the movie and lets be honest - a fair amount of the audience was there for him. Maybe they will introduce a new love interest, so Efron and whoever (a new rising star) can battle it out over Tracy...

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#78re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel
Posted: 11/27/08 at 1:36pm

Austin Miller would be the one that I want!

PEACE.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#80re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel
Posted: 11/27/08 at 1:46pm

i'm reposting this from the other Hairspray 2 thread:

I agree a sequel is unnecessary, but two things in that article made me hopeful for the production for once:

1) the involvement of John Waters

2) Naturally progressing the time period to the late 60's

think of the time period Across the Universe had and what they did with it, in the hands of Waters and the Hairspray crew I think it's possible to make something really good out of this. First it was the Baltimore Teens against segregation, now it's them vs. the Vietnam War. The late 60's was a moment in time that provides a lot of material: hippies, british invasion, counterculture, sexual revolution, feminism, the summer of love, sociopolitical upheval and antiwar protests. I think Tracy, Link, Penny and Seaweed would fit right in!

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott
Updated On: 11/27/08 at 01:46 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#81re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel
Posted: 11/27/08 at 1:49pm

I totally agree MrSweetNAwful!

And I can't wait to hear was Marc and Scott cook up.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#82re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel
Posted: 11/27/08 at 11:39pm

Decided to make a fun concept for Penny...

re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel

Updated On: 11/27/08 at 11:39 PM

Videos