News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JP2

JP2 Profile Photo
Member Name: JP2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Smash -- Series Discussion  Mar 21 2024, 08:38:11 PM

She's already an EGOT...

Maybe she wants to... PRODUCE? LOL. There are lots of incentives for producing, and Hudson has shown she wants to try as many things as possible.

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Dec 11 2023, 09:31:51 AM

marytylermoore said: "JP2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Too Beautiful for Words" is listed on the soundtrack, and, regardless, "Miss Celie's Blues" wouldn't replace it anyway. It would replace "Push Da Button," if anything, but it hasn't, since both are in the film."

Lyrically, "Miss Celie's Blues" does the same thing narratively that "Too Beautiful For Words" does in the mu

Would Heather Headley Have Won the Tony if She Had Opened in THE COLOR PURPLE?  Dec 11 2023, 09:30:57 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "As Heather Headley's concert at Carnegie Hall approaches, I was thinking about the 2016 Tonys. Would her triumphant return to Broadway have been enough to beat Renée Elise Goldsberry, or was Hamilton too much of an unstoppable force that year, with only Cynthia Erivo able to prevent a sweep of the acting categories?

I don't usually post hypothetical questions like this, but I'm curious to hear people's thoughts.

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Dec 10 2023, 01:18:11 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Too Beautiful for Words" is listed on the soundtrack, and, regardless, "Miss Celie's Blues" wouldn't replace it anyway. It would replace "Push Da Button," if anything, but it hasn't, since both are in the film."

Lyrically, "Miss Celie's Blues" does the same thing narratively that "Too Beautiful For Words" does in the musical.

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Dec 7 2023, 10:25:32 AM

teddy1996 said: "i just learned from someone who watched a screening that too beautiful for words was also cut from the movie and honestly i am extremely upset. i am very annoyed that they threw away a lot of the score for this movie but i’m still looking forward to it regardless."

They brought back "Ms. Celie's Blues" from the original movie. I much prefer that song anyway.

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Nov 27 2023, 12:45:34 AM

I'm happy to see "Miss Celie's Blues" and "Maybe God Is Tryin' To Tell You Somethin'" from the original movie are in this!

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chicago  Sep 27 2023, 12:29:37 PM

Her makeup is almost as bad as Melissa McCarthy's in The Little Mermaid.

Surprised Jeremy Jordan returning to Little Shop  Jun 7 2023, 02:55:52 PM

his checks are still clearing.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  May 30 2023, 06:17:21 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Are they planning a huge ad/promo blitz for Pride? Because if any show could benefit from Pride month in NYC right now, it’d be that one."

They've been comping virtually everyone in queer nightlife over the last few weeks. But I doubt it's translating into good word of mouth.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 17 2023, 04:03:13 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Wow! Who is taking and releasing these photos? I wonder if this is production's way of trying to get people who are complaining about the darkness of the photos from yesterday to shut up, because those photos on set are certainly as bright and colorful as you can get."

They're filming outdoors, it's unavoidable. Likely the reason they released those still yesterday.

Why wasn’t Alex Newell nominated for Once On This Island?  Apr 10 2023, 01:06:47 PM

dramamama611 said: "THIS exactly. It was like he sang a song and disappeared for the rest of the show. I remember NOTHING else about his performance."

I've seen folks win Tonys for less.

Viola Davis Becomes an EGOT With Grammy Win  Feb 6 2023, 11:09:36 AM

JanMaxwellsBag said: "Whoopi joined the Millie producing teamearly in it’s development,years before it even had any fully staged production.

But also, who cares? They put up some money! Let them get a Tony it’s not that deep.

I love award shows. I love red carpets. I love crazy speeches. I also acknowledge that winning a major award can open doors for people to get projects made and themselves cast in things. But, to quote Ms. Heidi N Closet, “At the end of the day it doesn’t fvcking matter!”
"

Right? It's just a statue, and a few days in the press that most people will forget in a week.

Congrats to Viola Davis. What a career (so far)!

Would Heather Headley Have Won the Tony if She Had Opened in THE COLOR PURPLE?  Jan 25 2023, 02:18:17 PM

Yes, with ease.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 9 2022, 02:53:18 PM

Dillamond will probably be full-on CGI.

The arrangement of  Feb 14 2022, 01:23:38 PM

Yes, absolutely.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 10 2021, 06:15:00 PM
MichelleCraig said: "jo wrote: The Greatest Showman had a musical score which became a universal favorite. It was 2018's best-selling album worldwide, beating all releases including all pop-music albums. Everyone sang This Is Me & A Million Dreams and wore Barnum's red jacket to ape The Greatest Show

Exactly. I'm agreeing with you. Despite a lot of negative critical reaction, THE GREATEST SHOWMAN was a pretty big success.
"

The differe

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  May 3 2021, 05:29:27 PM

I got to see it again, and I'll say I found it MUCH more enjoyable now. I was able to focus on the story rather than compare it in my head to the original. I think the film is stunning.

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Apr 23 2021, 04:29:29 PM

I saw it last night and loved it. I think I'd love it more if I had never seen the show. They're very different. Subplots are missing. Character dynamics have shifted. Storylines are altered, along with the context for a lot of the songs.

I feel like I'll appreciate it more upon second viewing in a large theater.

All of the musical numbers and performances are exceptional, though.

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Mar 14 2021, 09:02:53 PM

Love both trailers. The second one really got me, though. I can't wait for this.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Feb 1 2021, 12:55:15 PM

Kad said: "Everything about this gives me "acclaimed novel/play adapted into mediocre-to-bad film" vibes.

The just-off casting, the merely competent director, the material, the quick turnaround... it just all looks like a series of red flags to me.

(I also think that we'll see the criticisms of Evan Hansen as a character and the plot itself expand greatly, just as the filmed Hamilton saw the increase of criticism of the material Anecdotally, I'

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You