pixeltracker

Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?- Page 5

Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#100Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?
Posted: 9/9/13 at 9:25pm

After today's screening at TIFF, many people who are familiar with the play are claiming that there is a different, more audience-friendly ending to the film. I have not heard specific details just yet, but you can be assured I have put the question out there to those at the screening.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#101Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?
Posted: 9/9/13 at 9:28pm

I read somewhere that the rough cut they showed a few months back ended with a shot of Roberts in the car driving away, instead of Meryl repeating "and then you're gone, and then you're gone...."

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#102Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?
Posted: 9/9/13 at 9:29pm

Linda Holmes of NPR, one of my favorite writers, had this pair of tweets tonight:

“@nprmonkeysee: Dear everyone who gets tired of Meryl Streep winning Oscars: Sooooorrryyyyyy. #augustosagecounty #TIFF13”

“@nprmonkeysee: I'm not even sure Streep gives my favorite performance in that movie. (Many contenders.) But she gives the biggest one. #TIFF13”

Very excited to start seeing unbiased opinions from writers I trust... hope more come down the road!

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#103Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?
Posted: 9/9/13 at 9:33pm

Keep an eye out for the Variety and Hollywood Reporter reviews. They've been pretty prompt in posting their comments on the films at TIFF. Should be up soon.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#104Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 12:24am

Apparently Meryl is back in lead and Roberts is in supporting.
GoldDerby.com

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

WiCkEDrOcKS
#105Any Word on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 12:33am

Holy crap, they need to make up their damn minds.

Videos