News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Weirdest Show ever done by a high school- Page 5

Weirdest Show ever done by a high school

bobby_strong Profile Photo
bobby_strong
#100re: Weirdest show ever done by a high school
Posted: 9/7/04 at 7:33pm

Ive seen many shows butchered that i have also seen done very well so I find it hard to say a show should never be done by a high school group.

I was in little shop in high school and to this day everyone says it was the best show our school did and that was like 5 years ago. This is a performing arts high school that does five shows a year too!

However, at festivals Ive seen some bad stuff. I saw a version of peter schaffers Equus, where they re-casted the role of the doctor as a woman and they re-interpreted the show and cut it down into a one act and it was just...um well...it was weird. Not terrible. Not amazing. Just okay.

I also had a bad wiz experience so I know how you guys feel. Luckily it was a show put on by all the first year students so I was a pit singer, which basically sang backup for all the solos. So i didnt have to worry but it was fun to try and harmonize with a lead singing completely off key. haha!

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#101re: Weirdest show ever done by a high school
Posted: 9/7/04 at 7:37pm

"My friend was in a highschool production of Grease where among many other changes, the most ridiculous was how Rizzo's "problem" was changed from possibly being pregnant, to having a smoking problem, lol."

I firmly believe that if someone is going to put on a show, they should do it as is--no stupid changes (cue "Take Me Or Leave Me"). What else did they change, LuvUrBatBoy? It's always stricken me as odd that "Grease" is so popular with high schools, considering how risque it is.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#102re: Weirdest show ever done by a high school
Posted: 9/7/04 at 7:42pm

My middle school butchered a production of THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES last year.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Videos