pixeltracker

What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?- Page 5

What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?

wonkit
#100re: What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?
Posted: 10/9/08 at 8:39pm

Ian Richardson. An actor of extraordinary subtlety and one of the most glorious speaking voices ever.

Mattbrain
#101re: What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?
Posted: 10/9/08 at 9:02pm

wonkit, I'm in agreement with you. And I had just finished watching the House of Cards miniseries just prior to his death. Feels like he was gone the next day.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#102re: What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 12:03am

I will third Carl Anderson. A brilliant performer, and an incredible friend.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

bossbear062
#103re: What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 12:31am

Not neccasarily an actor but i really felt for Bernedet Peters when I found out her Husband died

bossbear062
#104re: What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 12:32am

Same with Audra Mcdonald when her father died during the time of 110

Tsao5
#105re: What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 1:15am

Kevin Marcum; He was the original Broadway Brujon and was set to take over as Valjean when Colm Wilinson left. Had that happened he would have been the first American actor to play the role full time. Sadly, after not coming to work for a few days, he was found dead in his apartment in a drug related incident. I remember seeing Anthony Crivillo and Jenny Butt on tv being interviewed about it. So shocking. The role then went to Gary Morris.

Speed
#106re: What Broadway performers deaths have surprised/saddened?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 4:15am

Jason Raize's death knocked me out. He was wonderful in The Lion King. Beautiful, beautiful voice. And one story that always inspired me was that apparently, back in 1997, he had just been cast as a swing in the tour of The King of I so Jay Binder would not see him for The Lion King. So Jason went to the open call and booked Simba from that open call! As an actor, that always gave me confidence that I could book a role from an open call and sure enough, from an open call, I booked my Broadway debut. I told his story to people all the time. When I heard he died, I was stunned.

Was he bipolar? I am bipolar and I have felt the pains that lead people to kill themselves. If he was bipolar, I'm sorry he wasn't able to get the help he needed to stay alive.

Videos