pixeltracker

Highest note belted on a cast recording?- Page 5

Highest note belted on a cast recording?

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#100re: Highest note belted on a cast recording?
Posted: 4/27/14 at 7:57pm

BenjaminNicholas, that video is awesome. Still can't believe she did that.

Here she is with Seth Rudetsky popping that A-flat onto other songs. I love it.

http://m.playbill.com//multimedia/video/4683/OBSESSED-Miss-America-Takes-AIDS-Education-to-Middle-America

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#101re: Highest note belted on a cast recording?
Posted: 4/27/14 at 9:25pm

Liz Callaway is 50? Yikes.

Thespian24601 2
#102re: Highest note belted on a cast recording?
Posted: 12/5/19 at 11:01pm

Well, the highest I've ever heard belted on a cast recording is Bb5.
Shug Avery in "Push Da Button" from "TV he Color Purple", Squeak in "Mysterious Ways" from "The Color Purple", Miss Flemming in "Shine a Light" from "Heathers", Jennifer Hudson in "And I Am Telling You" and "Move" from "Dreamgirls", and Amber Riley in "Move" from "Dreamgirls",

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#103re: Highest note belted on a cast recording?
Posted: 12/6/19 at 8:06am

What a man does when he sings or screams high is not a belt. The closest thing you'll get to a male belt is the "extreme power mix," where the head and chest voice are blended and then pushed forward more aggressively from the chest. It's an unusual sound, not as aesthetically pleasant as the female belt.

If you're a rock fan, you'll recognize the "male belt" primarily from Geddy Lee, lead singer of Rush, who slips into this range near the climax of most of his songs. More traditional musical theatre people will know it mainly from Paul Kandel singing the finale note in "The Bells of Notre Dame (Reprise)" in the Hunchback movie soundtrack, a power-mixed high D that he holds an impossible length of time, or from Michael Shaeffer as Annas in "Jesus Christ Superstar 2000."

Videos