News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 64

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1575re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 1:41pm

Asa Somers is on for Dan this afternoon!

I think this is his first time on in this role...

rmusic11322
#1576re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 1:43pm

^ Good for him! Since when was he in the show? Is J. Robert on vacation?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1577re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 1:45pm

He joined a couple of weeks ago. No, Spencer returned from his vacation.

Michael Berry is listed as the Standby for Dan, and Asa is listed as the understudy for Dan and the Doctors.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1578re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 1:45pm

thats amazing...someone must review asap later

amn
#1579re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 1:47pm

Not sure where else to ask this... I saw Next to Normal last May in Center Orchestra, and I'm seeing it again in Orchestra Left... it's an aisle seat, row C. Does anyone know if those seats have pretty good visibility?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1580re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 1:51pm

Yes, the view is good there.

I'm kind of hoping he goes on tomorrow so I can see him.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1581re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:07pm

last time I was at the show they hired Joe Cassidy to cover dan and the doctors during Louis' vacation

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1582re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:10pm

Joe Cassidy covered Louis's vacation and Asa Somers covered Bobby's. Is Michael on vacation?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1583re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:16pm

Bobby's attendance has been absolutely horrific lately. It's too bad, he gives one hell of a performance.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1584re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:16pm

I know Kyle hasn't been part of the cast as long as everyone else but I guess he is due for a vacation soon...Brian will be Gabe I guess and they probably will have to find another temp u/s for Gabe and Henry.

anotherhundredpeople2 Profile Photo
anotherhundredpeople2
#1585re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:22pm

is Michael pretty much a step down from what he was before? I don't totally understand the difference between understudy and stand-by...

I've seen Michael as Dan twice, and I saw Bobby in the role once, but I honestly liked Michael's performance better, his portrayal of the character.

"Another book you thought was best unread has proved, indeed, it was." -Another Sleepless Night -In Trousers

"The wee folk and the grown folk Who wander to and fro Have ways known to their own folk We throne folk don’t know" -Camelot

"Just remembering that you had an "and" when you're back to "or" makes the "or" mean more than it did before" -Into the Woods

"Enjoy your party..." -Company

"The thing about explorers is, they discover things that are already there." -In Trousers

"How do you know what you want 'til you get what you want and you see if you like it?" -Into the Woods

"I feel so much spring within me, blow winds blow, spring has just begun. And something's taken wing within me. What was dark so long had felt like winter, finally there's sun." -A New Brain

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1586re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:33pm

stand by is a step up i would imagine

anotherhundredpeople2 Profile Photo
anotherhundredpeople2
#1587re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:37pm

That's too bad, I'll miss the huge chance of Michael being in the show a little.

side note, had anyone seen Tim as Henry before he left? was he even Henry at all? I just can't picture him in the role and it'd be interesting to hear what people thought of him.

"Another book you thought was best unread has proved, indeed, it was." -Another Sleepless Night -In Trousers

"The wee folk and the grown folk Who wander to and fro Have ways known to their own folk We throne folk don’t know" -Camelot

"Just remembering that you had an "and" when you're back to "or" makes the "or" mean more than it did before" -Into the Woods

"Enjoy your party..." -Company

"The thing about explorers is, they discover things that are already there." -In Trousers

"How do you know what you want 'til you get what you want and you see if you like it?" -Into the Woods

"I feel so much spring within me, blow winds blow, spring has just begun. And something's taken wing within me. What was dark so long had felt like winter, finally there's sun." -A New Brain

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#1588re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:53pm

Yes, Tim played Henry. I saw him in February. He was terrific, very funny yet endearing. I really enjoyed his performance and I hope he plays Henry in the N2N tour.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1589re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 4:58pm

I really enjoyed Tim Young as Henry the two times I saw him go on.

rmusic11322
#1590re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/10/10 at 7:52pm

I just realized: How did Kyle Dean ever get into the show when he wasn't part of the company originally?

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#1591re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/11/10 at 8:25am

KDM played Gabe when Aaron did the CMIYC out of town tryout in Seattle last year. BTW, I saw Michael as Dan and I actually like his voice better than Bobby's. However, Bobby's acting is what makes his Dan superior for me. I'm going again on 4/18 so wonder who I'll be seeing.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."
Updated On: 4/11/10 at 08:25 AM

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#1592re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/11/10 at 9:26am

I saw Asa last night as Dan. I thought it did a great job. I've followed this show since it played Off-Broadway at the 2nd Stage and have seen it numerous times, and although my all-time favorite is Brian d'Arcy James, I was quite impressed with his performance.

Alice never ceases to amaze me. Can she get any better?? Love her!

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1593re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/11/10 at 9:28am

Alice is always amazing! I'm glad to hear Asa was good as Dan

rmusic11322
#1594re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/11/10 at 10:45am

I wonder if Brian d'Arcy James will come back to (or regrets leaving) the show.
Updated On: 4/11/10 at 10:45 AM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#1595re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/11/10 at 11:44am

I saw Asa last night too. I liked him. I thought that his second act was stronger than his first and he had zero chemistry with Alice which wasn't surprising.

jndeblasi
#1596re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/11/10 at 11:53am

blockhead24... is this miss emily?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#1597re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/11/10 at 12:08pm

lol no but I went with her

Bwaynerd Profile Photo
Bwaynerd
#1598re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/11/10 at 4:26pm

<3 saw it last night

"(in a sweedish accent) Oh! What a lovely T-shirt you are wearing!"- Catherine Zeta-Jones refering to my ALNM shirt at the CD signing. Say NO to drugs and YES to Jackie Hoffman Live At Joes Pub! "ITS THE DAY OF THE SHOW YA'LL!!"-Bwaynerd

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1599re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/12/10 at 12:20am

At the 3:00 matinee on Sunday with my some 80 people. Entire cast in; beautiful job. Amazing that they have so beautifully kept things at an incredibly high level. (Although Jenn seemed to be screaming many of her lines tonight.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos