pixeltracker

Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!- Page 7

Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#150Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 2/26/18 at 6:26pm

Amazed to see that The Boys in the Band is the focal story on The New York Times' main page right now!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/t-magazine/gay-theater-history-boys-in-the-band.html

Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!

Updated On: 2/26/18 at 06:26 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#151Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 2/26/18 at 6:52pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Amazed to see thatThe Boys in the Bandis the focal story onThe New York Times' main page right now!"

Not sure why Ryan Murphy having a PR team that knows how to do its job is surprising...

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#152Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 2/26/18 at 7:01pm

LightsOut90 said: "my friend sent them some tweets saying he was disappointed in how white the casting was for this and how insulted he was as a multi-ethnic gay man and they blocked him......so that's certainly not making me want to buy a ticket."

Don't go then...Can't wait!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#153Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/3/18 at 11:27pm

Booth Interior

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

brian1973
#154Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/4/18 at 3:34am

Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "Actually, guys and gals I have been saving people thousands of dollars on Broadway-to-San-Francisco touringshows since Beatlemania waaay back in the late 70s. It is a hobby of mine and I pay my own way when we attend discounted performances, which I acquire through local group sales. If I get comped into any of the SF touring shows I also treat one of my friends with my plus-one ticket. I am also extremely lucky that I can travel to NYC and support the Broadway community once a year. I also treat one or two needier friends to shows when in NYC and any profit I might make on this one-time stroke of luck will be going back to the entertainment communitiesin SF, NYC and Disney World [I'll treat a friend to a trip there].

You can still feel free to judge me, but I justify it as a continued contribution to the arts and artists on both east and west coasts. I'm a 70-year old retiree on a budget and am just happy for this possible windfall.

Yours In Ethel Merman.
"

No the broadway community is lucky that YOU visit them once a year. I hope you use the money you make ripping people off on stubhub to buy yourself a wonderful dinner somewhere and a luxury hotel reservation.  You really are a great guy. I did this all in bold type as a tribute to you.

fredric47
#155Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/4/18 at 12:14pm

What I don't understand is that "The Boys in the Band" website lists the running time of the production as 90 minutes with no intermission. The running time for the 1970 movie version was one hour and 59 minutes. Did they cut the script? I still plan to see what I consider to be the saddest gay play I ever saw.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#156Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/4/18 at 12:55pm

fredric47 said: "What I don't understand is that "The Boys in the Band" website lists the running time of the production as 90 minutes with no intermission. The running time for the 1970 movie version was one hour and 59 minutes. Did they cut the script? I still plan to see what I consider to be the saddest gay play I ever saw."

Yes, the script has been cut and revised by Crowley and Mantello.

ArtMan
#157Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/4/18 at 3:22pm

I bought a ticket, then saw the running time was 90 minutes.  Hopefully, nothing is cut after Harold makes his appearance.  If you go by the running time of the movie (not the play) the first so many minutes of the shopping etc could count for the edit as well as Michael and Donald's first conversation could easily be shortened.  Not sure where they would edit out 20-25 minutes of material.  Not sure why they would do this in the first place.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#158Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/4/18 at 4:13pm

May have missed this in the thread but what was the the running time of the original stage production?

Just give the world Love.

stlrod
#159Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/14/18 at 5:21pm

Was looking into getting tickets for this and noticed resellers have at least half of the tickets for most performances, in one case 617 of the 783 seats. Nice to see the show sold well, but also nice to see resellers prices weren't that high (love it when they overshoot the popularity of a show.)  Time will tell if their gamble paid off.

Updated On: 3/14/18 at 05:21 PM

JSquared2
#160Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/14/18 at 5:37pm

stlrod said: "Was looking into getting tickets for this and noticed resellers have at least half of the tickets for most performances, in one case 617 of the 783 seats.Nice to see the show sold well, but also nice to see resellers prices weren't that high (love it when they overshoot the popularity of a show.) Time will tell if their gamble paid off."

Where are you getting those numbers from?  This is a Telecharge show and they don't show resellers (like Ticketmaster does on some shows).  I looked at a few random dates (weekday and weekend) and most have reasonable availability.

stlrod
#161Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/14/18 at 5:47pm

I stand corrected.  It was a popup from ticket galaxy or one of the others.  When I look at stubhub, I don't see those same numbers.  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#162Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 3/14/18 at 5:50pm

stlrod said: "I stand corrected. It was a popup from ticket galaxy or one of the others. When I look at stubhub, I don't see those same numbers."

Most people will resell a Ticketmaster show on Ticketmaster anyway, so StubHub is not going to be a good metric of the resale market.

Videos