pixeltracker

The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?- Page 7

The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#150re: The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?
Posted: 8/15/05 at 8:22pm

Well, I think it's important for Sara to know that people are noticing her absences...she's a really great performer, so I take no glee if it affects her career but it certainly could.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Cabchic
#151re: The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?
Posted: 8/15/05 at 11:09pm

If Sara wasn't so amazing in the show, this wouldn't even be an issue. No one would care that she was out. So that is a credit to her. People say when they see her understudy, how was that a Tony winning performance...well that's why Sara deserved the Tony. She took a nothing role and made it the most talked about role on Broadway right now. When you leave Spamalot you can't help but talk about her performance. I did not see Kelli O Hara so I can't compare, but Sara blew me away. I also do know she was very sick at the Tonys and I have several friends with allergies who dont' come to work because they are so sick from them. I can't imagine having to sing and perform under those circumstances.

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#152re: The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 10:55am

"And as far as Sarah.... Someone who wins a TONY for her performance has absolutely no worries of ever having to get a job again. Especially with how wonderful her voice is"

does the name melba moore mean anything to you?

yes, she won a tony but she is not a name that puts butts in seats. every other season there will be a new young talent eager to replace her. people who miss and those who are difficult to work with are liabilities to producers and unless you are worth the $$ no one will want to work with you and you will be out in the cold.

Mind is Mantra.

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#153re: The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 11:17am

Jennifer Holliday - 1982 Best Actress in a Musical

See where a diva attitude gets you?

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
Updated On: 8/16/05 at 11:17 AM

shortydudette
#154re: The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?
Posted: 8/16/05 at 1:08pm

I agree that we should take the accusations with a grain of salt. That being said, let's assume, for now, that they're all true.

1. I'm glad Kelli didn't get the Tony. Isn't there a superstition that when new stars win awards, their careers end? They're too associated with that first role. Kelli now has a more supportive fan base, angry that she didn't win. Sara Ramirez has people hating her because she took the Tony away from Kelli. Her career was probably trashed before this whole missing-performances thing.
2. Gwen Verdon - was a dancer. She did extremely arduous dancing that without a doubt took a toll on her physically. I'm sure she sustained injury from it. So, in that respect, it makes sense that she missed performances, especially as she got older. As for her voice? She was basically a non-singer doing fairly strenuous vocal work. Again, as she got older, that must have had a negative effect on her voice. None of this is true of Sara.
3. Donna Murphy - was already a name when she started missing performances. She sort of had that freedom.
4. Audra McDonald - Well, I've never heard anyone like her. If someone wants Audra's voice, they really have to use her. So her career couldn't die. Sara, sadly, as talented as she is, is kind of dime-a-dozen. Also, Audra does operatic material - which, to my knowledge, is more difficult to sustain 8 performances a week than musical theatre.
5. If Sara's having voice trouble, why doesn't she just fake her high stuff? That's what Idina did (no, she didn't sing that F every performance, it got gradually lower during her run).
6. That was long. phwooh.

theatre.

Fosse76
#155re: The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:27pm

It would surprise me that Sara is having voice problems as well, considerings she has, what, three songs in the show??

Videos