News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Pinguin

Pinguin Profile Photo
Member Name: Pinguin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I love BWW. Life is good again.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's with all of the teens obsessed Wicked and RENT!?  Jan 7 2007, 05:10:34 PM
They both are big POP musicals. It's really that simple. Teens and especially tweens aren't often really looking at content, they just like to sing the music in their room and pretend they're rock stars.
re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?  Jan 6 2007, 07:31:18 AM
huh, then Piazza probably was too.
re: An opinion  Jan 6 2007, 05:59:26 AM
eh, I don't think I really agree...I think Webber is more bland than Rodgers by a long shot.
re: Was Light in the Piazza paid on LORT for its entire run?  Jan 6 2007, 05:57:46 AM
I can't tell you for sure, but what I vaguely remember hearing is that is started with LORT and then changed later on in the run (aren't they required to?)...but I could easily be wrong about that.
re: How many shows did you see last year?  Jan 4 2007, 07:48:31 AM
not enough.

...unless you count NYU productions in which case...too many.

I keep all of my programs, but I do not keep a list on my computer...I never thought of doing that but maybe now I will :0)

re: Crispin Glover Should Play Danny Zuko In The New Revival of Grease!  Jan 4 2007, 07:39:51 AM
Crispin Glover FREAKS ME OUT.
re: Tony Winner Lea Salonga to Join Les Miz as Fantine  Jan 4 2007, 04:27:19 AM
This is the one thing the Les Mis people could do to get me out to see the show...

'cause heaven knows DAPHNE wasn't going to get me to the theater.

re: Interesting article on why people think musicals suck  Dec 30 2006, 04:53:48 PM
Personally, I totally get why some people don't like musicals. Quite frankly, MANY musicals suck. I love musicals, but watching the performance by Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat on the 1982 Tony Awards made me want to join the bandwagon.

(don't worry, I still love musicals. but you get my point.)

re: Don't Quit Your Night Job!  Sep 1 2006, 01:35:10 PM
I saw the show as well, and actually had a great time...I loved the "Boogers on Parade" shebang...so funny.

I won the tickets for the next show, which, by the way, I redeem by calling Sarah Saltzberg to remind her that I won, HAHA.

re: Light in the Piazza on PBS Tonight 8 to 10:30PM!  Jun 16 2006, 01:49:34 AM
What a GREAT telecast!

I was really impressed with the TV director...the camera work was very well done (considering the kind of TV direction you get for the Tonys, etc. this was really good work) and while the sets obviously didn't look as beautiful on TV as they do in real life, I thought it was a really great translation of the musical.

I was also really happy to see the replacement cast, since I've only seen the original cast. Aaron Lazar is AWESOME, his voice is so beauti

re: I love this Cast Recording?  Jun 9 2006, 04:04:51 AM
Um, Wedding Singer is a CD I will NOT be buying.

I'm not really a fan of any of the scores from new musicals this year, but I do like my new Sweeney recording.

re: Best Actress in a musical???  May 17 2006, 12:49:18 PM
I'd replace Sutton's nomination with Friedman or McKay, just because I don't think her role was quite significant enough to warrant a lead actress Tony...

but I'd give the award to LuPone.

re: Bernarda Alba Track List  May 14 2006, 02:31:00 PM
I wasn't blown away by the show, but I think I'll really love having the CD. Some of that music was AMAZING.
re: ' No self-respecting New Yorker would go to a show after the original s  May 14 2006, 02:25:07 PM
I don't think it's about the original leads being better than the replacements, but that in general a show gets tired...I don't think Phantom of the Opera has the same spark as they did when they came out, and that's not because the replacements aren't good...and generally, that's the case with most shows that have been running for a long time.

And in any case, I like that he encourages tourists to see things like Grey Gardens or other things that won't go around the country. That

caine mutiny court martial  May 5 2006, 02:31:29 PM
HA, I was talking to a friend who really liked the show (less so Schwimmer who he thought was miscast) but when I asked him about Tim Daly the first thing he said was, "He's very tall."

:0)

re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA  May 5 2006, 02:29:02 PM
HA, I think it's super goofy that they chose Todd Graff to direct this, HAHA.

I'll probably be in LA at the time...I won't be able to say no :0)

re: Appropriate Age for Threepenny?  Apr 30 2006, 12:56:29 AM
I'm sure high school age would be generally appropriate...obviously each parent's comfort level with these sort of things, but high school age is pretty safe.

I mean, if you haven't heard your share of bad words by then or know anything about sex by the time you're 14, you're living in a hole.

re: Sondheim / Llyod Webber Subject Matter...some thoughts  Apr 14 2006, 05:09:40 PM
ahhhh...so alike...

BUT SO SO SO DIFFERENT.

re: Which Score Suffered Most When Turned Into A Movie  Apr 14 2006, 03:15:52 PM
It pisses me to watch How to Succeed (the movie) because they cut all of the female numbers out...what's up with THAT?
re: King David  Apr 11 2006, 12:15:24 AM
oh shhhh, it's not DREADFUL.

I actually like the score a lot, but in the form it took for the Broadway engagement, it wasn't quite, like others said, in the form of a viable musical yet. I'm sure with tinkering (and cuts, 'cause the darn thing's a bit overdrawn...or...boring, whatever) the show could be very good.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You