News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Catch me if you Can Preview Thread- Page 8

Catch me if you Can Preview Thread

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#175Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/21/11 at 11:59am

Any word on rush or lotto?

Updated On: 3/21/11 at 11:59 AM

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#176Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/21/11 at 12:38pm

That is so annoying that people were unwrapping candy endlessly and the ushers were letting late-comers like that. I thought the rule was that after the show has started they don't let people in till during the end of a song during all the applause, etc.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#177Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/21/11 at 9:23pm

What's worse than the eating during the show is that I noticed a lot of garbage under seats and in the aisles after the matinee on Saturday.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#178Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/21/11 at 9:38pm

Ugh, at first I thought that the most annoying thing was going to be the endless flow of teenage girls screaming Aaron's name when he is on stage (which is basically the entire show) but apparently there are worst people out there than annoying teenagers. lol

Also, can I Just say that I am IN LOVE with the song "Someone Else's Skin" from this show right now. Updated On: 3/21/11 at 09:38 PM

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#179Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/21/11 at 10:23pm

ME TOO Catch me if you Can Preview Thread I really don't think it gets enough credit.

And don't worry, the only screaming of Aaron's name that I encountered was after Goodbye.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#180Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 7:34pm

Yes! I especially love the slower part of the song in the beginning. Aaron's voice is just pure gold.

ReggieonBway
#181Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 7:58pm

^Agreed

So, question to everyone; do you think Norbert will be nominated for Best Leading or Best Featured? It goes without saying that both Norbert and Aaron will be nominated (maybe a nod for Tom Wopat, as well? I thought he was fabulous) but I'm not sure whether I would call Hanratty a lead or a supporting.

rjm516
#182Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:04pm

Hmm don't know about Norbert. Seems like a Lead, but not when compared with Aaron (which is what will happen).

I haven't been able to get "Fly Fly Away" out of my head since seeing the show Saturday night. It's driving me crazy! It is just running on a loop in my brain. Sucks.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#183Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:08pm

Aaron and Norbert will both be nominateed for Leading Actor. Wopat has a good shot at a Featured Actor nomination as well.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#184Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:15pm

anyone have audio??!

ReggieonBway
#185Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:38pm

I'd rather Aaron won (he's one of my favorite young actors) but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Norbert won. I thought they both gave incredible stand-out performances. I can't see Kerry getting nominated - fantastic solo moment aside, her character was on for a total of 15 minutes.

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
#186Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 8:42pm

Agreed with some of the Tony talk - no nomination for Kerry, nominations for both Aaron and Norbert (I'm predicting a win for Aaron out of the two), and a strongly possible nomination for Tom Wopat.

I'm very excited to see this after opening. I thought it could use some work, but definitely has the time and potential to really nail it.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#187Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 9:24pm

Catch me if you Can Preview Thread

Check out this interesting article showcasing the sexy showgirls from the show! They even have a photo of them all dressed up as the stewardesses from what I am guessing is "The Jet Set" scene.

Article Link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2011/03/20/2011-03-20_jet_propelled_theyve_got_legs_and_the
Updated On: 3/22/11 at 09:24 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#188Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 9:34pm

I saw the show. I did not like it. It has a lot of problems. And that's all I want to say about it right now.

Except one thing: Kerry Butler's one good song is not an excuse to keep it. Her character is not made important enough. If it's cut, I won't miss it.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#189Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 9:37pm

I don't think Brenda can be cut altogether but she can be cut significantly. "Fly Fly Away" does nothing to advance the plot, and while we're at it, the song her family sings can be cut too. I found it completely pointless and couldn't wait for it to end.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#190Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 9:52pm

I saw the show and was surprised at how much I really, really disliked it (especially since I was looking forward to this). I didn't like the score, the set, the costumes with the exception of the pink dress for Brenda. I also thought it made the women in the ensemble look cheap. Jerry Mitchell's choreography is getting very repetitive. Why is it that Susan Stroman and Kathleen Marshall are always getting slammed for their choreography, yet Jerry Mitchell seems to get a free pass here.

Even though I didn't like it, I have a feeling the show will get very good reviews.
Updated On: 3/22/11 at 09:52 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#191Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:57pm

Updated On: 3/23/11 at 10:57 PM

wonderland01
#192Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 11:08pm

I saw this on Friday and was thoroughly entertained all the way through. It may not have the most memorable songs, but Aaron Tveit and NLB gave their absolute all, and it was overwhelmingly enjoyable. I'm really shocked that so many people were bored or put off by it. I would go see this again tomorrow.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#193Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 11:15pm

Steven22, I saw the show and I'm voicing my opinion. You seem to chime in every page to ask for an illegal audio of the show. Talk about annoying. Take a look in the mirror.

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#194Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 11:46pm

My partner and I saw this show tonight and hated it. HATED it! Dreadful score, dreadful book, dreadful sets (such as they were). Sad to see so many talented people on stage trying to keep this sinking ship afloat. I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't wait for it to be over.

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#195Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 11:49pm

Steven22, I saw the show and I'm voicing my opinion. You seem to chime in every page to ask for an illegal audio of the show. Talk about annoying. Take a look in the mirror.

Seriously. I think you are awesome, Kalimba. Steven22 is an annoyance.

ZebLuvsJay Profile Photo
ZebLuvsJay
#196Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/22/11 at 11:52pm

Steven22, don't take the cyber-bullying too seriously.

It gets better.
Updated On: 3/22/11 at 11:52 PM

Sophiia Profile Photo
Sophiia
#197Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/23/11 at 2:28am

The discussion on here is so fascinating to me. Such a wide range of opinions... It seems to me that most people agree that Aaron Tveit and Norbert Leo Butz give it everything they have every night- regardless of what you think of the material on its own, the actors are doing their best with it. I'm very surprised at those who find Aaron dull or not very likable, but to each his own :) I can't wait to hear the Tony nominations! I really really hope Aaron gets Best Actor- definitely deserved in my opinion. Has anyone seen Book of Mormon? While the rave reviews are making me think it might run away with the Best Musical Tony, I'm curious as to whether the cast has specific "leads" who might give Aaron a run for his money...?
Updated On: 3/23/11 at 02:28 AM

broadwayguy2
#198Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/23/11 at 2:44am

I have yet to see catch me, but as far as Aaron goes, well, when I first saw him on a stage, I thought he was likable and genuine, but as he gained more of a 'name' for himself, I have noticed that his performances have become more self aware and, dare I say, arrogant. Just within one show, I LOVED him when Next to Normal was at Second Stage. By the time he left the Broadway company for good, I felt that he had lost EVERYTHING that had made him an appealing presence on stage.

ReggieonBway
#199Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
Posted: 3/23/11 at 6:03am

That's called overanalysis. If you didn't see arrogance in him when he performed as Gabe, he must not have had a very good grasp on the character at that point in time.

And besides that - what have you seen him in since n2n? As far as I'm aware, all he's played is the Hollywood Bowl and that role on Gossip Girl. (or whatever the show is called)

Videos