pixeltracker

Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??- Page 2

Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??

AndAllThatJazz22
#25re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 9:22am

Ripley/Skinner in CHICAGO?!?!?! I feel like throwing up already. Skinner WOULD'VE been a great Ursula replacement, but the fate of TLM won't allow her to take on that role (unless she does the tour).

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#26re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 9:28am

Why so much love for Skinner as Ursula? Because she sang the song on a CD and got into it by screaming?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#27re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 10:03am

But doesn't a post-menopausal Roxie defeat the point? Wasn't Gwen Verdon too old for the role when she originated it (it's certainly alluded to in All That Jazz).

philcrosby
#28re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 10:08am

Even Fosse thought Gwen was too old to play Roxie, but directed the show as a favor to her, as I understand it. Though Chita played Roxie in Vegas and other places even older than Gwen was when she did it.

Another Faith Prince footnote: she was the original Audrey in the workshops of Little Shop of Horrors, but another commitment kept her from opening the show. So Ellen Greene gets to "create" that iconic character! Faith later replaced Ellen.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#29re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 10:24am

I read that Faith said that not getting to be the "iconic" Audrey was a probably more of a blessing for her because she felt that she wouldn't have gotten to play Adelaide later on because the characters were too similar.

AndAllThatJazz22
#30re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 10:25am

Ellen Greene is and will always be THE Audrey.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

Nick Plasia
#31re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 11:00am

Skinner could never go into The Little Mermaid.
She has been more or less permanently blacklisted
at Disney ever since her unprofessional behavior
in their show On the Record.

AndAllThatJazz22
#32re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 11:03am

^ What happened? I have never heard any stories about Skinner, could you tell me the story? I'm quite interested now...

husk_charmer
#33re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 12:47pm

I have it on very good faith that it was between Hopkins and O'Malley for the Baker's Wife, and that Emily had been passed over earlier on.

And re: On the Record. I don't know the details, but I remember something about "creative differences" being the reason she left the tour.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#34re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 12:54pm

I'm pretty sure Husk is right re the Baker's Wife situation. Wasn't Daphne Rubin-Vega also seen for the part? What a hot mess of a revival.
I'm not sure if the ON THE RECORD rumors are true, but I remember at the time, word on the board was that there were jealousy issues involving Ashley Brown, who actually was the only highlight of the torture that was ON THE RECORD.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#35re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 1:10pm

Didn't Skinner sort of just abandon the production without notice? Or was she let go? I don't remember particulars, but do remember that in the early stops of that ill-fated tour, it was clear most of the positive notices were going to Ashley Brown.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#36re: Faith Prince as Roxie Hart??
Posted: 7/13/09 at 2:26pm

Ironically, it was Hopkins who stepped in to replace Skinner when she departed ON THE RECORD.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.