Emotional Impact of Shows

bway boy
#50re: Emotional Impact of Shows
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:22pm

patti in gypsy

AwesomeDanny
#51re: Emotional Impact of Shows
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:33pm

I was literally fighting back tears during "For Good" fro Wicked. I had too keep blinking through the whole song so I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of my mom, sister, aunt, and cousin.

TheEnchantedHunter
#52re: Emotional Impact of Shows
Posted: 8/1/09 at 10:34pm

"The other day, there was a girl in the front row who was literally convulsing with sobs at the end..."

The poor dear was obviously a disturbed creature and off her meds.

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#53re: Emotional Impact of Shows
Posted: 8/2/09 at 12:31am

I've teared up at quite a few shows (Sunday revival, Grey Gardens, and Gypsy come to mind), but the only time I can remember losing it was at Little Women. I went with my two sisters and "Some Things are Meant to Be" had all three of us crying.

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#54re: Emotional Impact of Shows
Posted: 8/2/09 at 12:36am

"I can remember losing it was at Little Women. I went with my two sisters and "Some Things are Meant to Be" had all three of us crying."

Aww, what a scene to watch with your sisters, and on top of that, lose it to!!

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

BornToRun Profile Photo
BornToRun
#55re: Emotional Impact of Shows
Posted: 8/2/09 at 10:59pm

I cry pretty much whenever I see a play. But some just get me more than others. I wept from when Abuela won the lottery to the end of the play when I saw In the Heights because I guessed what would happen. Also when I listen to Next to Normal, I always cry during I Am the One (reprise). Rent, Spring Awakening, Gypsy... yeah, almost everything I've seen. But I try not to draw attention to myself by not shaking or making noise.

SweetQintheLights
#56re: Emotional Impact of Shows
Posted: 8/3/09 at 1:07am

1) Rent: As Angel is dying

2) Chorus Line: Paul's monologue

3) Avenue Q: Only for Now

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

broadwayomgomg Profile Photo
broadwayomgomg
#57re: Emotional Impact of Shows
Posted: 8/3/09 at 1:09am

I've never actually "cried" at a show but I have been deeply touched and got teary eyed.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Some of the shows included Irena's Vow. Tovah Feldshuh knew how to grab your heart out and make you feel the character pains, happiness, and overall strength.

August Osage County was another play that really had an emotional punch. The one that really got me is I believe at the end of the second act when the character screams "I AM TAKING OVER" *blackout*

A Chorus Line has so many moments that you can see the characters deep inner personal life and there such a deep relation to them.

In The Color Purple Celie's "I'm Here" was so powerful and really touched me. It showed her triumph throughout her life.

In Dreamgirls when Effie sings "And I Am Telling You" it's so emotional. Especially when she is taken off stage as the 3 stars come on replacing her.

At the end of Hair while the tribe exits the stage and Claude lies there dead its just so emotional.

In Hairspray when Motormouth Maybelle sings "I Know Where I've Been" it's such beautiful touching song.

And even thought not the greatest show I love "Legally Blonde" from Legally Blonde.

Videos