News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayomgomg

broadwayomgomg Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwayomgomg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Little mermaid sells out for the rest of its run
 Aug 21 2009, 06:39:02 AM
“First of all, Little Mermaid is only selling out now because it is closing. All the people who procrastinated on taking their kids to the show are now rushing to take them before it closes. Little Mermaid probably wasn't pulling in enough to pay its weekly nut and therefore losing money.”

This isn't necessarily true. During the summer months all disney and family oriented shows usually do very well and even without the closing notice TLM would probably be doing very good business. The

re: Alice Ripley's replacement in N2N
 Aug 13 2009, 01:09:02 PM
I think Daphne Rubin-Vega is a very interesting idea that could really work well. (or blow up)
re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
 Aug 12 2009, 09:36:53 PM
"If a show like In The Heights costs $10 and that has a good size cast, big set, lights, and other stuff then this must be huge."

In the Heights doesn't really have that big of a set compared to many other "big" musicals. Its also a stationary set which is much simpler in design. The size of the cast is more of the weekly nut vs the initial investment. In the Heights also has very minimal costumes that you can buy in any store today while a show like Wicked one dress can cost 60,000. No

Re: Unpopular Opinions
 Aug 12 2009, 03:37:16 AM
"Renee Elise Goldsberry is one of Broadway's most underrated performers."

I also agree and absolutely LOVE her.

re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
 Aug 12 2009, 02:20:04 AM
I'll try to get back to topic :)

I agree with most of what you said especially the part that SJB can't act and it's such a shame b/c if she could she would be so amazing. Janney isn't a natural singer but she does sell it as much as she can and her acting makes up for it. I personally really enjoyed the score and felt it was the best part of the show. It was really catchy and I really love the OBCR. But the book is where the show really fails. If it was taken and restored and made fresh

re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
 Aug 11 2009, 12:55:23 AM
Even though I wasn't excited for the actual show I really wanted to see it just for the reason of what can Julie Taymor do with 45 million dollars.
Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 11 2009, 12:48:27 AM
I was at the stage door of n2n and this couple was talking to this women and they were saying how amazing 9 to 5 is. The women responded by saying she saw it too and couldn't believe it's closing and it's not due to ticket sales b/c they have been so strong and that the set was unbelievable. The man then said O I know I think the set won the big award! They went into talking about how Dolly is so talented b/c it is hard to write songs and talking like they know all that.

O tourists

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Aug 10 2009, 04:17:03 PM
Hey Guys seeing the show for the first time tonight and am SO excited. Been dying to see this show forever and am finally seeing it. My seats are in Orch row M seats 101 and 103. Just wondering if I can see the top of the house there b/c ik if your too far back the mezz cuts it off. Thanks!!!
re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
 Aug 9 2009, 04:23:57 PM
Donald Trump and his wife were at Gypsy when I saw it.

The Jonas Brothers plus parents and little brother were at BATB when I saw it.

I believe Debbie Gibson was at Wicked when I saw it.

re: RIALTO CHATTER: Will 'SPIDER-MAN' Get Caught In The Sticky Web Of Budge
 Aug 6 2009, 11:11:15 PM
Unless its like Wicked and sells out all year on full price tickets in a huge theatre its pretty much impossible. The show will either be a HUGE success or a HUGE failure. I'm very interested to hear what reviews say and how much of an effect it has on it. Time will only tell.
re: RIALTO CHATTER: Will 'SPIDER-MAN' Get Caught In The Sticky Web Of Budge
 Aug 6 2009, 10:54:59 PM
"Most legiters anticipate the musical, with music by Bono and the Edge of U2 and helmed by Julie Taymor ("The Lion King"), will rake in monster amounts of cash right out of the gate. Even if reviews and word of mouth prove dire, hype and curiosity are expected to drive ticket sales for a solid stretch of time."

I love how producers think even if reviews and word of mouth are bad their show is still will be a big success. Don't they look at shows like The Little Mermaid and 9 to 5 and th

re: Gaelen Gilliland on tonight as Judy
 Aug 6 2009, 10:21:53 PM
What is "that sight" people always reference it and I don't get it. hahaha if you can't post it can someone just PM me? Thanks a lot :)
re: 9 to 5 is on TDF
 Aug 5 2009, 05:46:13 PM
never mind Yankeefan007 beat me to it hahaha
re: 9 to 5 lotto?
 Aug 4 2009, 04:17:20 PM
Also Rent was a show that ran for 12 years, recouped, was cheap to keep open, made a closing notice way in advanced, and extended way in advance to go through the summer while 9 to 5 is expensive to keep open, didn't recoup and the closing date is very soon.
re: Favorite Overture?
 Aug 3 2009, 09:42:03 PM
I loathed the show but the opening number of Tarzan was so exciting. And then it went downhill from there...
re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
 Aug 3 2009, 09:01:58 PM
What I Did for Love from a Chorus Line

I Know Where I've Been from Hairspray

I'll Cover You (Reprise) or Without You from Rent

For Good from Wicked

You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan

Slipping Through My Fingers from Mamma Mia!

re: Emotional Impact of Shows
 Aug 3 2009, 01:09:18 AM
I've never actually "cried" at a show but I have been deeply touched and got teary eyed.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Some of the shows included Irena's Vow. Tovah Feldshuh knew how to grab your heart out and make you feel the character pains, happiness, and overall strength.

August Osage County was another play that really had an emotional punch. The one that really got me is I believe at the end of the second act when the character screams "I AM TAKING OVER" *blackout*

re: FREE PLAYBILLS!!!!!
 Aug 2 2009, 01:34:02 PM
PM me or email me
Dreamgirls Tour at the Apollo Discounts???
 Aug 2 2009, 01:26:30 PM
I really want to see the Dreamgirls Tour when it hits the Apollo b/c this is my first chance to see a professional version of the show and really love the movie and music. I was wondering if anyone knows of any discount codes or any way to get cheaper tickets. I did some looking and nothing came up. Does anyone know if there is any chance they will have a rush or if they will come up on tdf??

Thanks for the advice

:)

re: FREE PLAYBILLS!!!!!
 Aug 2 2009, 12:58:01 PM
Bump!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You