pixeltracker

The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??- Page 5

The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??

gypsy4
#100re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/21/09 at 12:37pm

if LMK comes in I would think they would keep Temper Temper.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#101re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/21/09 at 12:42pm

Goodness gracious. They are NOT keeping in Temper Temper, regardless of WHO plays Mary. That decision has already been made and has NOTHING to do with the next Mary.
Updated On: 8/21/09 at 12:42 PM

boyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
#102re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/21/09 at 12:53pm

Am I the only one annoyed at how many revisions there have been to this show, ever since it opened in Bristol in September 2004?

Every new production seems to have something different about it, whether it would be new dialogue, new designs, new songs, entire new sections, etc., and in my opinion, the original London production was superior to everything seen since.

KirbyCat
#103re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/21/09 at 1:22pm

For the record, *most* of what's in the Broadway production right now is what they originally wanted for the original West End production. (For example, the giant umbrella, colored Jolly Holiday)

beautywickedlover
#104re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/21/09 at 1:29pm

Laura Michelle Kelly and Carmeron Macintosh must've kissed and made up after what happened. I've heard wonderful things about her and I'm sure she will be great.

Interesting fact: Scarlett replaced both actresses who originated the role of Mary in London and Broadway. Now, it appears she will be replaced by the woman she took over from in the West End.
Updated On: 9/20/09 at 01:29 PM

boyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
#105re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/21/09 at 2:53pm

Oh, please can the Tony Comittee bring back the Best Replacement Tony? LMK could easily win it.

dreamerjj Profile Photo
dreamerjj
#106re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/24/09 at 11:49am

I really enjoyed that scene in London. Does anyone know why they're taking Temper Temper out?

candydog2
#107re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/24/09 at 3:50pm

Most likely due to complaints that the song is too scary.

A shame in my opinion, The more toned down the show becomes, the more like a generic Disney product it will be.

dreamerjj Profile Photo
dreamerjj
#108re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/24/09 at 4:20pm

I couldn't agree more. When they make the musical out of the movie you expect to get something different, and when I saw that scene it surprised me. Now audience will see something closer to a theme park ride... re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#109re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/24/09 at 9:41pm

Also, for the record, LMK is not going to be going to the Broadway production. Cameron gave her the boot on that idea long time ago. What makes all of you think that this is going to happen wen it is clear that based upon the falling out between the two parties that it isn't going to happen.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

#110re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 4:31am

Dear Winston89........I hate to contradict your previous post...BUT!!!!!

It is 100% confirmed that LMK WILL be taking over from Scarlett Strallen as Mary Poppins.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#111re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 7:29am

If it is 100 per cent confirmed as you say it is, then show me the link. It is not wrong to doubt the fact that someone is saying that. For all I know it could just be maid up. The fact that Kelly and Cameron did have a falling out is not news nor is it wrong to think that. But, if it is as 100 per cent as you say then I would love nothing more then to see a link that says that you're right. You have to understand that it isn't uncommon on here for people to say that they know someone or they walk the damn dog of the actor or actress who is going to play the role next, therefor they are in the know. And, because things like that do come across as shady information, it is not wrong for the doubters to say "ok, if that is what you think then fine, however if it is true then back it up by showing us a link."

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dg22894
#112re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 7:35am

*DUCKS* From seeing him on the battery's down I think Jake Wilson would be a good Bert and opposite to Brynn's Mary it would be amazing

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#113re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 8:06am

O'Malley has been my choice for this role for a long time. She'd really be ideal, but I think she has another gig coming up this fall/winter.

If the rumors of Laura Michelle Kelly playing the role are true, I'd definitely go back to see it, based on the hoopla surrounding her performance in London. I'd be very curious to see her!

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#114re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 10:20am

LMK **will** be taking over for Scarlett in October.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#115re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 11:59am

Winston89- Have you ever heard of proof-reading your post before you post?

#116re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 1:29pm

Dear Winston89,
I cannot show a link as the news is not been officially announced b ut I have it from a very reliable source that LMK will reprise her role as Mary Poppins.
You are quite right there are loads of very sad people that make up tales on these forums but belive me when I say.....LMK will be Mary Poppins again!!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#117re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 2:40pm

UKDanny,

Let me first start out by saying that I would be as thrilled as anyone if this turns out to be true and it turns out that I am wrong. However, I have a tendency not to believe that which was told to me by someone who says that they heard it from a good source. That is the reason why I hate tabloids that talk about celebrates or our theatre writing friend at the NY post for example. People who claim that just because they heard it from a source or they know someone or they work somewhere where they heard such news etc, is reason enough to go on talking as if they know the truth or as if what they are saying is true.

I am fully prepared to eat my own words come fall if it turns out that Kelly is in fact going to be playing the role on Broadway. But, until that point comes, I am just going to be skeptic which is something I have every right to do considering that there tons of people on this thread who make crap up and get pretty adamant that what they are saying is the truth without themselves giving any way to back it up.

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#118re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 2:42pm

would you like a side of fries with those words, winston? i can assure you LMK will be the next mary. and we're also getting wonderful replacements for bert, mr. banks, and mrs. brill as well...

gypsy4
#119re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 2:42pm

Fingers crossed for an announcement soon! but scarlett is pure brilliant.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#120re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 2:53pm

jess20882, Note that I never said the words "You're Wrong." I just simply said that I have trouble believing it without proof. If your right, mazel tov, but you're simply having this attitude that it is wrong of me to disbelieve you despite the fact that people saying how they know someone or they know something for a fact is going ot happen is how rumors get started all the time on here and get blown out of hand very quickly.

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#121re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 2:55pm

relax. you're going on about this waaaaay too much. i was just making a joke about your 'i'll eat my words' line in your last posting.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#122re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 3:48pm

jess20882- Since you can confirm about the new Mary Poppins, can you tell us who the new Bert is?

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#123re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 3:53pm

not sure if that's public information yet...i can ask the highers-up and get back to you. but i can tell you it's someone who's very well-known on broadway!

#124re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
Posted: 8/25/09 at 4:52pm

Winston I respect your view no problem!!