OUR TOWN Seating Question

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1OUR TOWN Seating Question
Posted: 8/8/09 at 3:50pm

Having seen the production in Chicago, I'm finally heading down to the Barrow Street to catch David Cromer's OUR TOWN.

I know the theater is organized unconventionally, so I was wondering if anyone who's been could offer seating advice as to what's preferable?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

glitterandjazzhands Profile Photo
glitterandjazzhands
#2re: OUR TOWN Seating Question
Posted: 8/8/09 at 4:39pm

The theater is very small and the actors perform throughout the audience so wherever you sit you get a full view of everything. Have fun!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: OUR TOWN Seating Question
Posted: 8/8/09 at 6:45pm

Not true. I sat in the first seat (looks based on the seating chart like 301 A) and I missed all of the action on the top tier.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#3re: OUR TOWN Seating Question
Posted: 8/8/09 at 6:47pm

I've got A311 and A312, WiCkEDrOcKS.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#4re: OUR TOWN Seating Question
Posted: 8/8/09 at 9:12pm

If you sit in the back corners, do you miss anything? From the seating chart, it seems like part of the audience is blocked, but I don't know if anything happens that far back (either in the center or on the sides). It sounds like that might be better than sitting at the frontmost side seats.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"
Updated On: 8/8/09 at 09:12 PM

Videos