pixeltracker

Wishful Drinking of Love, Loss...?

Wishful Drinking of Love, Loss...?

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#1Wishful Drinking of Love, Loss...?
Posted: 10/19/09 at 11:51pm

My aunts and I are seeing RAGTIME and probably A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC and are trying to decided on a third show. I'd like to see NEXT TO NORMAL but with RAGTIME I'm worried that's too much pathos for a two-day period. We are debating between WISHFUL DRINKING and LOVE, LOSS, AND WHAT I WORE because they're light (I think?) and discounted...

Which of those two would you choose? Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#2re: Wishful Drinking of Love, Loss...?
Posted: 10/19/09 at 11:58pm

I haven't seen "Love, Loss, or What I Wore" so I can't comment on that. "Wishing Drinking" tackles serious subjects (adultery, mental illness, divorce, addiction, etc) but it does it in a way that almost makes them seem light but you don't fail to forget that they are serious. Carrie Fisher has the innate ability to make fun of herself and her past.

I really enjoyed the show and recommend it even if you're not familiar with Fisher's work. I'm familiar with not only Fisher's work but that of her mother but it's not required. Though I have to imagine after seeing the show you'll want to pick up one of Fisher's books.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

April Saul
#2re: Wishful Drinking of Love, Loss...?
Posted: 10/20/09 at 9:56am

Hi--I've seen both and really enjoyed them. And I have to say, Love, Loss and What I Wore actually made me laugh AND cry...the latter when Rosie O'Donnell told a sad story about her real mother's death; she seemed to be crying, too. Love, Loss doesn't offer discounts...the house is too small and it sells too well, but I thought it was worth the $75. Carrie, also, is brilliant; the highlights of her show have to do with Hollywood circa 1960s, Star Wars, bipolar and alcoholism. Both shows leave you feeling up and invigorated, so I wouldn't worry about that. I'd say Love, Loss is almost impossible to dislike, especially for women, so that'd be the safer bet. But you can't go wrong here...

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#3re: Wishful Drinking of Love, Loss...?
Posted: 10/20/09 at 9:18pm

The honest answer is that they are both winners. You can't go wrong with either one.

Videos