ZERO HOUR'S JIM BROCHU AND PIPER LAURIE Tell Show Biz Stories on CARRIE, St

ZERO HOUR'S JIM BROCHU AND PIPER LAURIE Tell Show Biz Stories on CARRIE, St

hockeynut2
#1ZERO HOUR'S JIM BROCHU AND PIPER LAURIE Tell Show Biz Stories on CARRIE, St
Posted: 11/24/09 at 3:38pm

Jim Brochu - the stories continue
November 24, 2009 by Joel Markowitz
DC Theatre Scene

When Jim Brochu was in DC at Theater J with his solo show about the great Zero Mostel, he and his director Piper Laurie talked with Joel about creating Zero Hour. There was more to the conversation which we've saved til now to celebrate Zero Hour's opening Off-Broadway. So relax, and listen as Jim Brochu, surely one of the greatest storytellers ever, shares backstage stories about his encounters with Barbra Streisand, Katherine Hepburn, and the afternoons spent playing backgammon with Lucille Ball in the last year of her life which he later turned into a book "Lucy in the Afternoon". Joel had two stories he was dying to hear from Piper Laurie: how she began her flower diet, and her starring role in the movie "Carrie", both of which she tells with great relish.The interviews end on a high comic note as these two friends recall their worst moments on stage, and Piper shares her secret name.

Zero Hour plays through January 31st at St. Clement's Theatre, 423 West 46th Street (between 9th and 10th Avenues). For tickets, call 212 239-2969 or go to telecharge.com

JIM BROCHU AND PIPER LAURIE ON ZERO HOUR AND SHOW BIZ STORIES ON DC THEATRE SCENE Updated On: 11/24/09 at 03:38 PM

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#2re: ZERO HOUR'S JIM BROCHU AND PIPER LAURIE Tell Show Biz Stories on CARRIE, Streisand & Lucille Ball
Posted: 11/24/09 at 5:03pm

I read "Lucy In The Afternoon" many years ago after it came out. Being a huge Lucy fan, I was so excited to read it. After finishing the book, I said to myself, "Wow. That guy really likes himself......a lot!"

Stay clear of this pompous, self-aggrandizing person...

Updated On: 11/24/09 at 05:03 PM

Renee2
#2re: ZERO HOUR'S JIM BROCHU AND PIPER LAURIE Tell Show Biz Stories on CARRIE, Streisand & Lucille Ball
Posted: 11/24/09 at 10:21pm

I am a big Piper Laurie fan and it was great hearing her tell the stories about the eating flowers PR campaign and Carrie. Thanks for recording it for us. It was lots of fun.

Videos