Annas_Priest
#75Fantasia in the Color Purple
Posted: 2/17/10 at 4:33pm

[IMG]Fantasia in the Color Purple

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#76Fantasia in the Color Purple
Posted: 2/17/10 at 6:01pm

"...the actress has added appearances to her run in order to make up for her missed performances over the weekend. Fantasia will now perform during the Sunday matinee shows on Feb. 21 and 28, which had originally been her time off."

What Einstein thought up this plan? Let's see...Fantasia's voice can't withstand 6 shows a week, so lets give her a 7 show week for two weeks to make up for the absences she took based on doing 6 shows a week.

All I'm gonna say is it's gonna get ugly. I hope thet box office staff is getting combat pay.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#77Fantasia in the Color Purple
Posted: 2/20/10 at 12:03pm

Well, lets see now if she even shows up to the theatre at all...

Fantasia receives death threats

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#78Fantasia in the Color Purple
Posted: 2/20/10 at 5:37pm

I saw her last night and thought she was great!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#79Fantasia in the Color Purple
Posted: 2/20/10 at 8:32pm

Well, I guess she didn't like your fan letter...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

californiasnow Profile Photo
californiasnow
#80Fantasia in the Color Purple
Posted: 3/1/10 at 2:21am

I saw the last Los Angeles performance tonight. Fantasia was there, and just to echo what others have said, it was an incredible performance. She didn't just perform as Celie, she WAS Celie. The audience was quiet for a lot of the performance, but after I'm Here, there was a thunderous ovation. Everyone seemed to be giving their all since this was the last performance of the Equity tour, and it showed. A truly amazing experience that I will not soon forget.