pixeltracker

SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane

SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane

JailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
#1SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/17/10 at 12:52pm

Hi everyone! I just wanted to spread the word about this amazing musical that just started previews this week at the Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater on W. 64th Street. It's a beautiful show about the Jewish ghetto of Thereisenstadt (Terezin) founded by the Nazis as an ostensible hub of the most intellectual and artistically influential Jews in Europe, but was actually just a waystation for Auschwitz. It's incredibly moving...the score and the performances are wonderful, and it stars BWW's own Erika Amato (who tears the roof off with a gut-busting belted number that doesn't leave a dry eye in the house)!

If you go to Theatermania and enter the code "HOUSE", tickets are 50% off. You can also go to the following link for half-off tickets for preview shows.

Oh, and the orchestra is amazing. SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
50% off previews of SIGNS OF LIFE!

Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/17/10 at 5:14pm

I love that you're both working on this show together! Very cool. Wish I could be there to see and hear you both.

Break a leg!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#2SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/18/10 at 7:52am

Break a leg, Sweetie! If we had known before our arrival we would have come!
But we already had plans every night. Sounds like a wonderful show
And we are so proud of you!!!

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#3SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/18/10 at 7:54am

ANd meeting Jaily would have been the icing on the cake!

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#4SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/18/10 at 11:02am

Saw it last night and guys......trust me when I say that Erika was BEYOND BRILLIANT. She had me in tears multiple times during the show. And Jaily played his ass off in the orchestra. The show was so heart-wrenching that people in the audience were actually holding their chest and one lady even started gasping a few times. Seriously, if you have a chance to see this wonderful show, please do!

Ps. Elphaba - Jaily and I went to a diner afterward and he had my side hurt from laughing. Plus we went down Times Square singing songs from "Dreamgirls," "Ragtime," and a few others. Seeing the show and hanging out with Jaily was the perfect ending to a perfect day SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
Updated On: 2/18/10 at 11:02 AM

Luv2goToShows
#5SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/18/10 at 1:12pm

About how long does the show run? Thanks

erikaamato
#6SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/19/10 at 12:35am

Luv2go: It runs about 2.5 hrs including intermission. SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane

Jaily: Thanks so much for starting this thread, and may I say, you guys sound GORGEOUS...especially the wind section! SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane

Spidey: Thanks so much for coming! And you are too kind. Truly.

erikaamato
#7SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/21/10 at 10:50am

Just found out from the producers that they've added a student rush policy. $18 tix available 1 hour prior to curtain, limit 1 ticket per person w/valid student ID. (Show is appropriate for high school and up.)

Morgaine885
#8SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/23/10 at 10:15am

So looking forward to this one!

erikaamato
#9SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/24/10 at 9:10pm

Just FYI, even though we officially open tomorrow, the "On The House" promotion (2-for-1) is still going on through Sunday, 2/28. Go to https://www.ovationtix.com/trs/cal/425 and enter the code HOUSE before you select your seats. SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#10SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 2/24/10 at 9:33pm

Seriously, everyone........GO! GO! GO! It's a great show, but if anything, you need to go see Erika tear your heart out with her amazing talent.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Morgaine885
#11SIGNS OF LIFE at the Marjorie S. Deane
Posted: 3/16/10 at 2:43pm

LOVELY show...heartbreaking, lyrical and beautiful with some terrific performances.

I kept thinking I was watching Gavin Creel every time Wilson Bridges was on stage.

Videos