News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for spiderdj82

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
Member Name: spiderdj82
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/djhedgepath
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SIX Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 6 2022, 10:06:23 AM

This is SUCH a great recording. I really hope it wins best Original Score as well. 

BACK TO THE FUTURE - West End  Mar 13 2022, 12:51:45 PM

First off, let me say that Back to the Future is my favorite movie of all time and I can't wait to eventually see this musical.  That being said, I listened to the cast recording Friday and MY GOD those lyrics are horrendous.  I don't understand why it's so hard to find a good lyricist nowadays.  Also, and this is a big pet peeve of mine with movies being made into musicals - they take whatever camp factor there is in the original movie and amp it to 11 and I have n

CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews  Nov 3 2021, 03:36:34 PM

How is the seating in the theatre (I've never been there)?  Is it a "no bad seat in the house" situation because of the setup?

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews  Nov 3 2021, 10:20:59 AM

When I did the lottery on Saturday I was Front Mezzanine Row DD (Great seats) .

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews  Nov 1 2021, 04:24:55 PM

But back to the post at hand - amazing version of an amazing show. 

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews  Nov 1 2021, 04:23:54 PM

KJisgroovy said: ""I can't stand the vocals of the actress..."

Seems pretty bitchy all on its own, FYI. I don't really get the point of Jorge's post but then I never really get the point of Jorge's posts. That said. Glass houses man.
"

I'll give you this.  I should have said, "I don't like" instead of "I can't stand."  Apologies on that. 

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews  Nov 1 2021, 04:04:17 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I also have to give a shout out toCaissie Levy as Rose. I can't stand the vocals of the actress in the OBC Recording…

THAT actress is none other than the fabulous Veanne Cox.

VEANNE COX
"

Love how so called theatre fans on this site will forget the name of someone as remarkable as Veanne Cox, lol.

ETA: Any idea if they will come out with a cast album for this revival?
"

Wow - bitchy much?  I know who she is but I couldn't remember her name and didn't feel like looking it up.  And *GASP SHOCK* yes I don't know the name of every single actor/actress that has ever been in a Broadway show.

And I also hope they release a new recording with this cast.

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews  Nov 1 2021, 01:05:14 PM

That is a really good interpretation of her vocals.  I never saw her live so I don't know how her acting and singing worked together so, unfortunately, I only have the cast recording which she seems flat and kinda screechy (I can't think of a better word for it).  I am sure her acting was great though. 

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews  Nov 1 2021, 09:13:24 AM

After not being able to go for my birthday, I was able to get digital rush tickets for Saturday's 8pm performance and I loved every second of it. I really enjoyed the stripped down set but I wish I could have seen the original Broadway versions to see if it would have added anything more to the experience. Sharon D Clarke was breathtaking and made me cry during "Lots Wife." She was the only thing I liked about the current iteration of "Doctor Who" and this show made me

Lin to direct film adaptation of Tick Tick Boom  Oct 22 2021, 10:24:33 AM

They just released "Louder Than Words" if people want to give it a listen. 

https://youtu.be/kf0nlnlZw-I

ALW: Cinderella to transfer summer/fall 2022?  Oct 22 2021, 10:21:48 AM

In an Instagram Q&A thing on her page, she was asked if Cinderella came to Broadway would she want go to go and she ENTHUSIASTICALLY said [paraphrasing] she would do it in a heartbeat.  I also think she said that her contract ends in July 2022.  I really hope she does come because I need to see her live. 

Unpopular theatre opinions  Oct 19 2021, 04:52:03 PM

saxpower said: "Also, say what you will about Madonna in the Evita movie (I actually thought she did quite well..made me feel sorry for Eva at the end), but there was no cause for Patti to say Madonna "couldn't act her way out of a paper bag". Just not appropriate to say that. Sorry if she's upset she didnt get to do the film, but by the time it was made, she was too old for the role. I sympathize with her, but no need to criticize the actress that ended up with the

Unpopular theatre opinions  Oct 19 2021, 09:33:07 AM

South Florida said: "Patti Lupone is overrated."

I was coming to say that exact same thing.  And she really needs to learn how to enunciate.  Also, I can't stand Many Patinkin's singing voice (particularly that he goes in his annoying whisper falsetto on notes that aren't even high).  

And I am going to get hate for this but, while I still love Sondheim, I don't think he is the god of musical theatre like everyone makes him

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE Previews  Oct 7 2021, 12:46:21 PM

I love this score and I was told that I was going to be going for my bday on Tuesday but that fell through.  Hopefully, I will be able to see it within the next month.  I can't wait to hear what other people think. 

Lin to direct film adaptation of Tick Tick Boom  Oct 5 2021, 02:55:14 PM

I can't stop listening to "30/90"

Lin to direct film adaptation of Tick Tick Boom  Oct 4 2021, 02:42:53 PM

The new trailer looks great and "30/90" sounds AMAZING. I loved the more rock backing.  I am beyond excited for this movie and soundtrack. 

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 9 2020, 04:38:27 PM

I have a ticket for "Six" next Tuesday and I am still planning on going for the time being. 

Love Never Dies to broadway 2021?  Feb 26 2020, 01:02:35 PM

I'm probably one of only a handful that likes this show and feel no shame....NO SHAME I TELL YOU!!! 

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 24 2020, 12:55:22 PM

I just bought my ticket for March 17th and I am beyond excited.  Can't wait! 

How Long Will POTO Run?  Jan 21 2020, 03:45:45 PM

Phantom of the Opera was my introduction to musical theatre and the reason why I love the art form today.  Is it the best show ever?  No.  But, if it can do to others what it did for me - then I say let it run forever. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You