pixeltracker

Next To Normal Rear Orchestra Seating Question?

Next To Normal Rear Orchestra Seating Question?

ccbaxter Profile Photo
ccbaxter
#1Next To Normal Rear Orchestra Seating Question?
Posted: 3/22/10 at 8:26pm

Hi, discovered this message board a week ago and been on it everyday since!

Anyway, here's the situation: My brother and I were thinking about catching NEXT TO NORMAL next month. But my brother is in a wheelchair and it looks like the only option for us to see NEXT TO NORMAL is in the wheelchair seating area, which is in the very rear of the orchestra.

Now I have read that because NEXT TO NORMAL has a three-tier stage, that sitting in the back of the orchestra will make us miss out on the top half of the stage because of the mezzanine blocking it...is this true? How much of the show does take place on the top stage? Did anyone else here have to sit in the rear orchestra and if so, how was the view for you?

Thanks for your help!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2Next To Normal Rear Orchestra Seating Question?
Posted: 3/22/10 at 8:38pm

I sat in the reach orchestra twice and its fine. You miss in total about 1 minute (if that much).

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#2Next To Normal Rear Orchestra Seating Question?
Posted: 3/22/10 at 8:59pm

Also, I have seen at several theatres including The Booth, that folks in wheelchairs, may sit in aisle or front row seats and the usher will stow the wheelchair during the show. I think the only stipulation is that you would be responsible for assisting your brother in and out of his seat. Actually, it was at The Booth, that the usher had everyone enter the aisle from the opposite end so the disabled woman did not have to rise. They were very sensitive.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

dancindramadork
#3Next To Normal Rear Orchestra Seating Question?
Posted: 3/22/10 at 9:38pm

The last time I saw Next to Normal (a few weeks ago) I did sit near the rear of the orchestra (not the VERY back), and the view was fantastic in my opinion. I didn't miss anything in the third tier at all from my seat, so depending on how far back you are, you may not have any issue at all.

Videos