pixeltracker

Is "Love, Loss, and What I Wore" appropriate for children?

Is "Love, Loss, and What I Wore" appropriate for children?

rmusic11322
#1Is "Love, Loss, and What I Wore" appropriate for children?
Posted: 4/10/10 at 8:54pm

I want to buy tickets for my mom and sister to the show on Mother's Day. I know that the show is geared towards women, so I might not go. But I just want to know if it's appropriate for my 13-year-rold sister. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

kristinchenofan570 Profile Photo
kristinchenofan570
#2Is 'Love, Loss, and What I Wore' appropriate for children?
Posted: 4/10/10 at 9:13pm

I would say it depends on the teenager. Me and my sister saw it (shes 21 and I'm 14) and both of us thought it was hilarious! A lot of the jokes relate to the teenage and 20's so it's pretty easy for a teenager to relate to the stories. I would definatly recomend it. My sister and I had a great time seeing it!

Remember when drama was only on the stage?

rmusic11322
#2Is 'Love, Loss, and What I Wore' appropriate for children?
Posted: 4/10/10 at 9:26pm

Thanks for the advice. And I just asked my sister if she really wants to see it and she said yes. That's kind of a big deal, becuase she rarely likes to see andy type of Broadway shows. Where did you sit? I know the theatre is really small, but I just want to know for sure. Also, where did you get your tickets from?

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3Is 'Love, Loss, and What I Wore' appropriate for children?
Posted: 4/11/10 at 8:20am

"becuase she rarely likes to see andy type of Broadway shows"
I know you know it's Off Bway, but this is definetly not a Broadway type of show. It's as Off Off Off as it gets with big stars, that's it. Remember that they are just 5 women sitting on stage and reading their lines. I think that if your sister is someone who barely gets to see Bway/Off Bway, she deserves better.
If I had never seen a play and I saw this, I'd never go see anything ever again!
Also I woulnd't recommend it to any males or any person under 16yo.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#4Is 'Love, Loss, and What I Wore' appropriate for children?
Posted: 4/11/10 at 8:23am

I got 25 dollar tix at the theatre. Too much, if you ask me. Thankfully Fran Drescher delivered the lines as brilliantly as she could, considering the material given, and was kind to take pictures after the play.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5Is 'Love, Loss, and What I Wore' appropriate for children?
Posted: 4/11/10 at 9:12am

I've seen the show twice (two different casts). It is a total treat from start to finish. As a man, I was laughing just as much as the women around me. I would say it's most definitely appropriate for a 13 year old. The F-word is used once, and one actress has a short monologue that mentions a rape, but aside from that, it is mostly a funny, moving evening of theatre.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

kristinchenofan570 Profile Photo
kristinchenofan570
#6Is 'Love, Loss, and What I Wore' appropriate for children?
Posted: 4/11/10 at 8:29pm

rmusic- We got tickets in the front row which was really fun, however if you're a teller person (which luckily neither of us are) there isn't very much leg room between the seat and the stage, but if you are shorter or dont mind it, then its really cool to see it from the front and sometimes the actors will look at you when they do a monolauge which happened to us a couple times! The theatre itself is pretty small since it's an off-Broaway theatre so any seat you get is pretty good! My sister went again with her friend an got, I believe row H and said the view was still good. I don't know the ticket site since she got the tickets though. Sorry!

Remember when drama was only on the stage?

rmusic11322
#7Is 'Love, Loss, and What I Wore' appropriate for children?
Posted: 4/30/10 at 8:32pm

Sorry to BUMP this post, but I have another question. My family member who got me the tickets got 3 instead of 2. Since I doubt I'll find anyone to go with my family, I was wondering if I will like the show. I have a feeling that I won't relate being that I'm a teenage guy.

Latest Posts

Videos