Posted: 4/28/10 at 10:46am

A BENEFIT CONCERT: Broadway celebs sing for World AIDS Orphan Day

Date: Monday, May 10, 2010
Time: 8:00 pm
120 West 69th Street
New York, NY 10023
(Between Broadway and Columbus)
Tickets: $25 at the door

Broadway performer Kevin Crewell will host television and Broadway stars: Donna McKechnie, Mary Beth Peil, Karen Mason, Nicholas Rodriguez, Will Chase, Paige Davis, Chad Kimball, Aaron Lazar, Felicia Finley, Christiane Noll, Robert Petkoff, the JERSEY BOYS/Chicago company along with others in the upcoming benefit concert, SING FOR MY SISTER in honor of World AIDS Orphan Day.

Kevin’s sister Carly, a Waldorf Kindergarten teacher, has decided to open her home and her life by adopting a 14 year old boy from Africa. Carly was inspired to adopt while volunteering at an orphanage in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. All proceeds will go to AHOPE FOR CHILDREN (http://www.ahopeforchildren.org) in honor of Caryl’s work and in association with World AIDS Orphan Day on May 7. 2010. AHOPE for Children is a non-profit organization whose mission is to serve the children of Ethiopia, with a primary emphasis on caring for orphans infected with HIV. AHOPE's Community Outreach Program enables orphaned children to remain within their extended families and culture, while receiving medical care, education, food, and other services. Join Carly, Kevin, and a host of brilliant performers in celebrating this life affirming act of love.

sowren1020 Profile Photo
sowren1020
#2Broadway celebs sing for World AIDS Orphan Day Benefit
Posted: 4/28/10 at 12:20pm

Wow! Great line up for a great cause! Can't wait to hear which songs they'll be performing. So glad it's on a Monday night!

Shakeshafte
#2Broadway celebs sing for World AIDS Orphan Day Benefit
Posted: 4/28/10 at 12:36pm

Sounds great...

farfelnyc
#3Broadway celebs sing for World AIDS Orphan Day Benefit
Posted: 4/29/10 at 10:56am

karen mason is going to be recreating her amazing performance of COLORED LIGHTS from "and the world goes round". ahhhhh i can't wait to finally get to see it in person since i've loved the recording forever!!

white guy Profile Photo
white guy
#4Broadway celebs sing for World AIDS Orphan Day Benefit
Posted: 4/29/10 at 5:56pm

This is going to be an awesome night ! what a cool line up.

the pictures got me really excited for this ! what a night ! I wish they could record it too.

i looked this up and there are some great rehearsal pics here on bwayworld.

check the link !
cool pics !

farfelnyc
#5Broadway celebs sing for World AIDS Orphan Day Benefit
Posted: 4/30/10 at 11:11pm

Donna Mckechnie will be singing "In Buddy's Eyes"!!!! aaaaaand Felicia Finley will be singing "Easy Money" from THE LIFE.....a role that she covered and went on for 72 times. she's also got some wild stories about being a part of creating that show that she's gonna share.

farfelnyc
#6Broadway celebs sing for World AIDS Orphan Day Benefit
Posted: 5/7/10 at 9:29am

aaaand AARON LAZAR will be singing "multitudes of amys", PAIGE DAVIS will be singing the sweetest version of "never never land", and NICHOLAS RODRIGUEZ is doing one hot hot version of "feelin good". this night is gonna be great!!

Videos