pixeltracker

Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over

Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#2Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:58pm

She's had a GREAT run. Can't wait to see what she does next :)

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:59pm

Fahy is wonderful. A different more innocent interpretation.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#3Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:59pm

Spiderman announcement soon?!

wendilin622 Profile Photo
wendilin622
#4Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:03pm

Thrilled for Fahy!! She was absolutely delightful when I saw her as Natalie.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#5Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:05pm

The New York Times reports that Damiano has indeed been cast as Mary Jane in SPIDER-MAN.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/new-mary-jane-for-spider-man-musical/

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#6Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:09pm

So thrilled for Meghann Fahy! I love her interpretation of the role, I think she's great.

rmusic11322
#7Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:11pm

Congrats to both of them. :)

invisiblegirl322
#8Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:25pm

Any ideas as to who Meghann's understudy is going to be?

wishiwerehere2
#9Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:29pm

Mackenzie Mauzy was the vacation understudy so maybe she might get moved to full time?

nexttotheheights Profile Photo
nexttotheheights
#10Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:05pm

I'm thinking NEXT TO NORMAL will be full on the 18th

For those who thought NEXT TO NORMAL wouldn't have a life outside Broadway, well it's now playing in 4 cities, 9 different countries and has been translated into 6 languages.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#11Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:21pm

Fahy is fantastic, and this is well-deserved.

Congratulations to Jen on her new role. She's had a pretty impressive streak- her Broadway debut was in a show that won best musical, then she received a Tony nomination for her role in a show that won the Pulitzer Prize, and now she's going to work with Julie Taymor and Bono...all before the age of 20! Nice way to start your career!

BigRed
#12Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:23pm

Seeing the show on the 19th and so stoked to see Meghann as Natalie!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#13Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:23pm

so this leaves only Chandler-Berat & Hobson as the only originals left, correct??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#14Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:25pm

so this leaves only Chandler-Berat & Hobson as the only originals left, correct??

Yes, and Adam Chanler-Berat is the only cast member left from the 2nd Stage run.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:27pm

^^thanks!!

have any of the u/s been replaced since it opened??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#16Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:31pm

have any of the u/s been replaced since it opened??

Tim Young no longer covers Gabe and Henry. Brian Crum covers the roles now. Other than that, obviously, soon, Meghann Fahy will need to be replaced.

At 2nd Stage the covers were Jessica Phillips, Kevin Kern, Tim Young, and Morgan Weed. Obviously, only Phillips remains from that original group.

rmusic11322
#17Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:36pm

Lauren Zakrin to understudy Maghann Fahy: thoughts?

^ that really isn't happening - just thought of it for some reason...

nexttotheheights Profile Photo
nexttotheheights
#18Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:44pm

One thing I hate about small casts is that even when a few people leave the entire cast is almost gone. Only 2 of the 6 originals are still there and 1 of the 6 from 2nd Stage are still there.

For those who thought NEXT TO NORMAL wouldn't have a life outside Broadway, well it's now playing in 4 cities, 9 different countries and has been translated into 6 languages.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#19Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:56pm

Could someone summarize the comings and goings in N2N in the coming months? I can't seem to find the complete list. I'd love to see d'Arcy James as Dan again since I loved him at 2st, but would also enjoy seeing a new Diana and Natalie, since I've seen Ripley and Damiano in every incarnation (twice at 2st, once each in VA and at the Booth). Thanks!

EDIT: figures I read the article after I take the time to write all this. They're all leaving the same day. Alas, I guess it's a d'Arcy James OR 3 new actors. Methinks it'll be the former. Updated On: 6/8/10 at 11:56 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#20Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:59pm

Well Ripley, d'Arcy James and Damiano are all leaving 7/18, and Mazzie, Danieley and Fahy will start 7/19, so you'd have to see the show twice.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

chellie
#21Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:15am

At 2nd Stage the covers were Jessica Phillips, Kevin Kern, Tim Young, and Morgan Weed. Obviously, only Phillips remains from that original group.

No, Corey Boardman was the Gabe/Henry cover at 2nd Stage. Tim Young joined for the Arena Stage run.
Updated On: 6/9/10 at 12:15 AM

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#22Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/11/10 at 8:10pm

How do Marin and Jason get to prepare for their debut? Obviously, they can rehearse their scenes when it's just the 2 of them, but do they get to rehearse with the rest of the cast in the theater? Just curious...I'm sure that they must....but how does that work with the other actors getting paid overtime or whatever?

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#23Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/11/10 at 8:45pm

How do Marin and Jason get to prepare for their debut? Obviously, they can rehearse their scenes when it's just the 2 of them, but do they get to rehearse with the rest of the cast in the theater? Just curious...I'm sure that they must....but how does that work with the other actors getting paid overtime or whatever

Replacements rehearse with the understudies, so they'll rehearse with Meghann Fahy (who will be taking over as their "daughter" that same night), Brian Crum, and Michael Berry.

When Brian D'Arcy James was rehearsing, he sent out a tweet about how wonderful it was rehearsing with the understudies.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#24Damiano to Depart NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18, Fahy to Take Over
Posted: 6/11/10 at 8:52pm

Lauren Zakrin to understudy Maghann Fahy: thoughts?

^ that really isn't happening - just thought of it for some reason...

That is just a what the f*ck post.