pixeltracker

Another goddamn British import?- Page 2

Another goddamn British import?

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#25Another goddamn British import?
Posted: 7/31/10 at 5:58am

Broadway has a shortage of quality plays at the moment, not one play running has got the critic pick from The New York Times.

West End have been very successful transferring plays over to Broadway, just like you guys successfully transfer musicals over to the West End.

Does it really matter where a show originated? The only judgement that should be made is whether or show is enjoyable or not.

JMPlayer6 Profile Photo
JMPlayer6
#26Another goddamn British import?
Posted: 7/31/10 at 6:00am

So when it opens here, just don't go. Problem solved.

Fosse76
#27Another goddamn British import?
Posted: 7/31/10 at 3:50pm

"Saw this show last Saturday and I actually thought to myself that it's a very American type of play."

Gee, how do you figure? Other than the fact that it takes place in America, stars Ameican actors, and was written by an American playwrite, what could possible make it an American-type play?? :o)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#28Another goddamn British import?
Posted: 7/31/10 at 4:27pm

I love when people make an extremely polarized post and expect everyone to agree, but it backfires. Hell yes this is rich.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#29Another goddamn British import?
Posted: 7/31/10 at 4:30pm

Gee, how do you figure? Other than the fact that it takes place in America, stars American actors, and was written by an American playwrite, what could possible make it an American-type play?? :o)

Ha, yes, I was aware of that. I just meant that it wasn't really the type of play that I expected to see on the West End. Just the general "vibe" of it, which had nothing to do with the fact that the story takes place in NY and that the two leads are Americans.

husk_charmer
#30Another goddamn British import?
Posted: 8/1/10 at 12:51am

Wait, are Briers and Keith in it? Cause I may need to make a trip to London....

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer