News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical

Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical

Jsimckow
#1Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical
Posted: 8/6/10 at 9:58am

What is radical? Challenging music, including American Sign Language, bringing a children's book to the stage and adapting it for adults? Take a minute to watch Eric Kunze in the new musical Brind!ebeast trailer. You can be a part of it!

Brindlebeast has a cast of Broadway veterans (one is Eric Kunze who it was specifically written for) who believe the theatre community needs a musical like this - the characters, relationships, music, diversity; things that are not out there right now.

The writers are Anita Riggio, a well established children's author who's taking her passion to the stage, and Larry Farrow, an American composer who most recently wrote and directed "What Would Jesus Do?" and was nominated as best producer at LA NAACP awards.

The story: Will Champion, a kids’ book-writer is afraid of falling in love. When he meets Claire and feels himself tumbling head over heels, he unwittingly conjures up Birdie the archetypal wise woman character who leads him to create a metaphorical children’s story that parallels his dealings with the beasts in his own daily life.

Like what you see? You have an unusually awesome opportunity to help Brind!ebeast get off the ground. Everyone involved is convinced it will be the NEXT BIG THING.

Here's the link to the kickstarter page http://ht.ly/2lWTx.

Please take a minute to consider helping bring diversity and imagination to the theatre community as well as sharing this with your networks.
Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast Trailer

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical
Posted: 8/6/10 at 10:07am

Wow! Congrats to Eric Kunze for not playing Chris, Che, Joseph, or Jesus again.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

maggiwun2 Profile Photo
maggiwun2
#2Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical
Posted: 8/6/10 at 10:06pm

Could I just play Devil's advocate here for a moment and ask what is wrong with Eric playing all these varied roles, if he is invited to do them? He is asked to do them because he is so good at them and he gets rave reviews every time. Even when the show itself did not do well (Whistle Down the Wind) he was singled out as doing a fantastic job. Recently he played Joe Hardy in Damn Yankees at the Muny and did a bang up job in that as well. You all know how hard it is to find continuous work in this business and he is blessed to have that chance. Do you criticize Ted Neeley for playing virtually the same role for the last 37 years? I hope this new project, Brindlebeast, gets the attention it deserves. There is a lot of talent associated with it. Not every actor has the opportunity to have a show written just for him. I'm giving it my full support!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical
Posted: 8/6/10 at 11:30pm

Haha. I love white knight fans, especially ones who post about pretty much the same person every time.

I said nor implied nothing negative. In fact, I've seen him as both Jesus and Che and thought he was excellent as both.

I'm just glad he's doing something else.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#4Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical
Posted: 8/7/10 at 3:36pm

Sadly that video does next to nothing to sell this show to me. Hardly any music samples, staging ideas or narrative stuff, just Kunze waxing on and on and on.

Still, it is nice to see him in a Che-nge of role for once (sorry, this punnery is ludiChris). Jesus, if he did another ALW show I'd have thought he was doing a Brightman (and by "doing a Brightman" I of course mean "doing Lloyd Webber").

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#5Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical
Posted: 8/7/10 at 3:46pm

Shill reeks and reeks bad.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Videos