News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for blaxx

blaxx Profile Photo
Member Name: blaxx
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BACK TO THE FUTURE will close January 5, 2025
 Oct 24 2024, 02:11:57 PM

Wick3 said: "Did the Broadway production recoup?"

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a mega flop.

SMASH On Broadway reveals casting
 Oct 22 2024, 01:13:08 PM

JSquared2 said: "quizking101 said: "Bowman going from touring as Elsa, to standing by for Norma Desmond to being (presumably) a co-lead in a new hotly-anticipated musical makes for one hell of a year for her."

Many of the press outlets (BWW included) are ignoring the billing in the show's official release and (incorrectly) assuming it is the same as it was on the TV show. In the show, Ivy and Karen are not"co-leads". In the show

Autumn 2024 London
 Oct 17 2024, 02:36:08 AM

Oedipus and The Fear of 13 with Adrien Brody were the best I saw.

London in 2 weeks…
 Oct 10 2024, 12:16:04 PM

Oedipus was the best from  all I saw.

Adrien Brody is very charming in the touching The Fear of 13.

THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
 Oct 5 2024, 01:12:43 PM

I forgot this show was still playing!

Too soon?

Scherzinger in SUNSET BLVD. Previews
 Oct 5 2024, 04:57:09 AM

getatme said: "whatacharacter said: "Have any dates been announced for Caroline Bowman?"

All scheduled dates are for Mandy currently. I'd be shocked if Bowman ever goes on. Mandy is the alternate and the first cover, if Nicole ever calls out, Mandy will be asked to come in (if she wants since she only needs to actually be at the theatre on her scheduled day).

My guess is Bowman will never get a show before she leaves in the spring.
&qu

DIM ALL THE LIGHTS
 Oct 4 2024, 10:20:54 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "Really, the mistake was made whenever this began being handed out like a participation trophy. At the start, according to the below article, it was irregularand far between: 1952 for Gertrude Lawrence, then 1960 for Oscar Hammerstein II, then Alfred Lunt in 1977. Surely importantpeople died in the years between those occasions, but they didn’t get a dimming.

People now seem to expect it as a matter of course. I’d ask who WON’T they demand a full dimming for? Where does it begin and end? Oh, you’re saying so-and-so didn’t contribute as much as Gavin Creel or Marin Mazzie did?

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/nyregion/a-brief-history-of-dimming-the-lights-on-broadway.html
"

What is capricious is the full vs partial approach.

Dim them all or not at all. No one is partially worth this tribute, or is he worth 50% of the lights? The partial lights is most insulting.

What happened to Secret Life of Bees?
 Oct 3 2024, 09:02:38 AM

Not enough buzz.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
 Oct 1 2024, 05:30:47 PM

Sauja said: "Oh, wow. Those Back to the Future numbers are LOW. We must be expecting a closing in the near future, no?"

I see what you did there!

Mama, I’m a Big Girl Now!
 Sep 30 2024, 11:28:33 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Let’s just say, 2 are seasoned vocalists and one just likes to sing. Nothing wrong with that."

Yeah, but she has a Tony.

MCNEAL Reviews
 Sep 30 2024, 11:27:39 PM

gibsons2 said: "blaxx said: "These are terrible, if not a bloodbath."

Which is irrelevant because the run is almost entirely sold out.
"

The show being awful is irrelevant because it is sold out?  OK.

MCNEAL Reviews
 Sep 30 2024, 10:07:28 PM

These are terrible, if not a bloodbath.

Sep 30 2024, 08:46:56 PM

TBFL said: "blaxx said: "shomeika said: "For anyone who has actually seen the Broadway previews, does this version take place in more "current" times? The visual/camera work and "all black" costuming looks modern, contemporary andsharp. I am just curious if this takes place in the age of "social media", as it has that visual look to it. I mean if the cast is going outside to a "modern" Times Square, it sort of would seem out o

Sep 30 2024, 04:30:45 PM

shomeika said: "For anyone who has actually seen the Broadway previews, does this version take place in more "current" times? The visual/camera work and "all black" costuming looks modern, contemporary andsharp. I am just curious if this takes place in the age of "social media", as it has that visual look to it. I mean if the cast is going outside to a "modern" Times Square, it sort of would seem out of place in the original 1950's? Tickets

Sep 29 2024, 09:58:48 PM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "What if I think this has always been a bad musical with bad music, that coasts on the movie and is nowhere near as good as the movie

will I still find it to be a revelation?

"

No, I wouldn't say so. If you hate the music, stay away - the concept in itself won't turn your dislike. 

THE HILLS OF CALIFORNIA Previews
 Sep 25 2024, 03:24:31 AM

Jumpin_J said: "Piparoo said: "It’s a bummer that the herbal cigs are irritating for folks. We should all be able to breathe comfortably in the theatre. I disagree that it’s unnecessary. Cigarette smoking, specifically the mother’s disdain of it, the moments she permits it and its significance for the kids’ rebellion, is kind of a running theme throughout the show."

Thanks for the heads up. I'm finding harder to sit through sh

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Sep 19 2024, 12:35:36 AM

TheatreFan4 said: "Is it really Sherie? Someone posted what they think is the source photo for the outline. Is it worth getting tickets tonight before they're announced. Is this a pretty sure thing?"

Yes, 100% her.

MCC's 'SH!T. MEET. FAN.' Cast Announced
 Sep 4 2024, 01:53:49 PM

JSquared2 said: "blaxx said: "CoffeeBreak said: "It's an adaptation of the 2016 Genovese Itallian comedy-drama film "Perfect Strangers".

(During a dinner party friends place their cell phones on a table and agree to make all texts and calls public in an attempt to prove they have nothing to hide.)

New? Not so much. Very much an adaptation of the film with new title.

The cast names will sell this out before it starts in

MCC's 'SH!T. MEET. FAN.' Cast Announced
 Sep 4 2024, 09:33:39 AM

CoffeeBreak said: "It's an adaptation of the 2016 Genovese Itallian comedy-drama film "Perfect Strangers".

(During a dinner party friends place their cell phones on a table and agree to make all texts and calls public in an attempt to prove they have nothing to hide.)

New? Not so much. Very much an adaptation of the film with new title.

The cast names will sell this out before it starts in Oct.

"

There is another st

GHOST OF JOHN MCCAIN at Soho Playhouse
 Aug 31 2024, 12:01:56 AM

Sorry but that sounds so generic and trite.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You