News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for blaxx

blaxx Profile Photo
Member Name: blaxx
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 6 2024, 12:25:10 AM

Robbie2 said: "Hey, Tony Awards! It’s time to resurrect the Best Special Theatrical Event category!!!!!!!!!"

It's the awards themselves that need the resurrecting.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 11:47:02 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I don’t understand all the hate for back to the future. Yes, it’s pedestrian. But it’s a lot of fun, wonderful big musical numbers and effects. And Roger Bart, Hugh Coles, and Casey Likes rock."

There is no category for Best Lots of Fun

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 08:14:28 PM

Markie27 said: "Even though Cabaretgot a lot of nominations it’s very telling that they didn’t like the show as a whole - amidst all the nominations for its design and an embarrassment of riches in its performers, the couldn’t bring themselves to nominate the director. It’s like their making a statement - with all the talent of your cast and crew you not to mention a magnum opus of a score, you still managed to eff it all up by giving us this mess of a show.

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 25 2024, 12:39:30 AM

kurtal said: "RW3 said: "For clarity, are we considering the show to be a jukebox musical?"

By the broadest definition of jukebox musical, I guess. But I'd call it an album-length narrative dance show.
"

If it wins Best Musical y'all gonna whine about it for decades like with Contact : Illinoise wasn't even a musical, bwaaaaah

UNCLE VANYA 2024 Broadway Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 09:47:54 PM

Reviewers in the past few months are really out to get, meow!

Shows that were considerably changed after their Broadway run  Apr 21 2024, 09:40:47 PM

The Scarlet Pimpernel and its 897 versions.

Quick London Question: Player Kings (Ian McKellen) or London Tide  Apr 19 2024, 10:18:04 PM

Play Esq. said: "Eek...these reviews(and I linked one of the nicer ones)! Player Kings it is. Anyone want a matinee seat for London Tide for Wednesday at 1?

"

London Tide is the laziest thing I've ever seen.

THE WIZ Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 18 2024, 04:13:10 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "blaxx said: "This is as bad as it gets."

huh? these seem very mixed to positive and with tons of readily quotable lines to plaster all over manhattan. compared to what they had to say about lempicka, these are solid reviews.
"

For a show and score of this calibre, yes, these are dreadful. 

Also, the only mixed-to-positive thing about this joke of a revival is that it's just passing through.

Logistic to International tours?  Apr 18 2024, 04:08:19 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "Interesting stuff! When an equity tour leaves the US to play mexico or when the pippin tour (I think it was the pippin tour) went to Japan the performers just didn’t have their union protection? Or would those be exceptions?"

They definitely have protection. The Beetlejuice and Mean Girls US tours are playing in Mexico City this summer.

THE WIZ Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 17 2024, 11:20:16 PM

This is as bad as it gets.

Logistic to International tours?  Apr 17 2024, 10:35:50 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "International Tours are not covered by Equity, a union that represents performers workingwithinthe United States. There can often be a mix of Equity and non-Equity talent in internationaltours. Money, working conditions, and length of engagement may be reason enough for certain Equity actors to say "no thanks" to international tours, but it's all a personal preference."

There are exceptions, as Kad mentioned, such

THE WIZ Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 17 2024, 12:14:55 AM

How many more decades to wait until we get a decent revival of this   :(

Why do so few New World Stages shows transfer to Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 10:59:02 PM

TotallyEffed said: "Because that is where Broadway shows go to die."

Exactly, what did Broadway do to deserve those awful shows?

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 11:31:23 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "OMG if you think the boards reactions to THIS show are mean, you haven’t been on here long enough lol

"

Exactly. I remember The Little Mermaid, Godspell revival, Good Vibrations,etc  now that was a massacre.

Heck, compared to Espinosa's BKLYN these are rave reviews.

BEACHES musical continues development and will return in 2024  Apr 2 2024, 05:10:05 PM

Poor Jessica Vosk can't catch a break.

A lack of great new choreographers and director-choreographers?  Mar 30 2024, 05:05:36 PM

Rebecca Frecknall is an amazing directory choreographer.

Female Theatre Critics in 2024  Mar 16 2024, 02:40:45 PM

macbeth said: "Looking at some of the reviews of The Notebook made me wonder if like the movie was considered a 'chick-flick' (maybe an outdated term?) that it also might have been better received by female critics.

Who is writing these days that I should be following?
"

This also implies that females could overlook the show's many flaws because of their gender. A bit insulting.

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Mar 15 2024, 07:14:42 PM

lopside said: "I guess the out of town reviews really do no give much of a hint of howsonething will received once it lands

"

We've known that for decades.

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Mar 14 2024, 09:17:28 PM

Mediocre reviews for a mediocre show.

Sheridan Smith Staring in new Rufus Wainwright/Ivo Van Hove Musical OPENING NIGHT in London  Mar 6 2024, 10:19:32 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Would love to know if anyone plans on catching this soon."

Early reports claim it's a disaster.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You