News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for maggiwun2

maggiwun2 Profile Photo
Member Name: maggiwun2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What role would you like to see Eric Kunze play?
 Aug 14 2011, 01:22:37 AM
Ravnquest1, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. In all fairness, I feel I have to mention that I attended ten performances at Walnut and every single one of them had people on their feet with a standing O. So many people said it was the best show Walnut had ever done - a tribute to the entire cast, including Eric. I have no reason to benefit from promoting him, other than being a fan. However, through the fansite I do get email every day from people who rave about the effect Eric and
 Aug 6 2011, 12:49:45 AM
His first role was Marius on Broadway at age 19 - an incredible feat in itself, as he had auditioned on a whim while in NY on a college study program. Then went on in leads to Miss Saigon with Lea Salonga and Damn Yankees with Jerry Lewis. Had a two year stint in the title role in the national tour of Jesus Christ Superstar. If you heard him sing and saw him live on stage, you'd know why this question is being asked. You can see him on YouTube, but they pale in comparison. The only thing hol
 Aug 4 2011, 11:51:36 PM
He's doing Company with Civic Light Opera of South Bay Cities (Redondo Beach) Sept 14th to Oct 2nd. I'll be there 9/28 to 10/1. Eric's fans are meeting for a dinner before the show on Friday, 9/30. All are welcome. Just email Maggi at maggiwun@yahoo.com if you are interested. More information at Eric's fansite. erickunze.com

Your biggest Broadway crush
 Mar 6 2011, 09:58:00 PM
Almost old enough to be his Mom, but I have to say Eric Kunze!! Talk about good looking, dazzling smile, uber-talented, glorious voice and the nicest and humblest man on the planet! Everyone has a crush on Eric
Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
 Mar 6 2011, 09:55:33 PM
Joe Jonas' version of "Empty Chairs" can't even come close to Eric Kunze's version from his CD, "My Collection" available for download on iTunes or Amazon.
re: What's Eric Kunze up to these days?
 Jan 24 2011, 06:30:36 PM
Update on Eric: First of all, his CD, "Eric Kunze: My Collection" has been out for a couple of months now and was just made available at cdbaby.com for digital download. It will be on Amazon and iTunes very shortly. The CD was very favorably reviewed on TheaterMania this week: http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/01-2011/15-alluring-albums_33478.html. In addition, it was among the top 25 Cds voted by listeners on the internet radio station, Broadway Cafe Society 365 Live this week as well. Yesterday we found out Eric has been nominated by the Kevin Kline Awards for his portrayal of Joe Hardy in the Muny's Damn Yankees. It's been a good week for Eric!

Jan 5 2011, 08:54:47 AM
Eric just released his first CD, "Eric Kunze: My Collection" available on the website erickunze dot com. One of the cuts, "Fathers and Sons" is available for download on CD Baby.
Eric Kunze in Brindlebeast, a radically inclusive, classically scored, new American musical
 Aug 6 2010, 10:06:13 PM
Could I just play Devil's advocate here for a moment and ask what is wrong with Eric playing all these varied roles, if he is invited to do them? He is asked to do them because he is so good at them and he gets rave reviews every time. Even when the show itself did not do well (Whistle Down the Wind) he was singled out as doing a fantastic job. Recently he played Joe Hardy in Damn Yankees at the Muny and did a bang up job in that as well. You all know how hard it is to find continuous work in
 Jun 3 2010, 11:15:36 AM
Re: Brindlebeast - that is really exciting. Can't wait!!!

Eric Kunze in Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
 May 4 2010, 08:10:37 AM
Yep, he's doing Damn Yankees at the Muny in July. He's also singing with the Detroit Symphony in May.
Eric Kunze in Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
 May 3 2010, 10:40:46 PM
Eiko, you are right! I saw the show five times and enjoyed it every night.
re: Evita vocal range
 Jan 1 2010, 10:59:44 AM
Eric Kunze hits the same G at the end of The Money Came Rolling In! Unbelievable! (And in Gethsemane as well, JCS).
re: Evita vocal range
 Dec 27 2009, 02:28:41 AM
I think Julia is extremely talented in many things, and her acting was fantastic in the Sacramento Evita (I saw it six times), however many people in the audience complained about her voice during and after the performances. I don't think it was the right role for her.
re: 'I Don't Get It': Well-Liked Performers You Don't Enjoy
 May 30 2009, 12:40:26 PM
Lizzie, I think you and I share the same taste. We both like Eric Kunze and not Patti LuPone. Saw Patti in the tour with Mandy Patinkin and she sounded extremely nasally. After awhile that got really annoying.
re: Eric Kunze back in Jesus Christ Superstar
 Apr 28 2009, 02:11:11 PM
Haha, good job Lizzie! I did my own review of the show on the fansite: www.erickunze.com It's bizarre how similar our reviews are. I did mine first !!!

re: JCS: Original Hunky Jesus
 Apr 18 2009, 01:34:11 PM
Sorry you feel that way.
re: JCS: Original Hunky Jesus
 Apr 18 2009, 12:20:03 AM
I love Eric Kunze's interpretation of "Gethsemane" and would be thrilled to see him back on Broadway.

Eric is performing the role beginning this coming week at Civic Light Opera of South Bay Cities in Redondo Beach, CA. More information at the fansite: www.erickunze.com

Eric Kunze wins IRNE Award for Best Actor - Musical
 Apr 7 2009, 01:04:33 PM
Eric won for two musicals: Joseph in Dreamcoat and The Man in the National Tour of Whistle Down the Wind.

It's good to see Eric get recognition for his consistently excellent work!

Mar 17 2009, 03:24:53 PM
Since Whistle, among other things, Eric has been in Miss Saigon in Redondo Beach (and received an Ovation nomination), Evita at the Music Circus in Sacramento, and in The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber at the Kennedy Center in DC over the holidays. He will be opening in Miss Saigon this coming weekend. At the end of April he will be performing the title role in Jesus Christ Superstar at the Civic Light Opera in Redondo Beach. If you want more information, check his fansite (which I maintain) at
Jesus Christ Superstar with Eric Kunze
 Feb 17 2009, 01:10:49 AM
Hi all, we're organizing a group ticket sale, with a meet and greet with Eric after the Sunday, April 26th 2:00 performance at the Civic Light Opera of Redondo Beach. They are offering discounted tickets to the fanclub. If you are interested, contact me at maggiwun@yahoo.com, or go to the fansite: www.erickunze.com

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You