ELF Thoughts???

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#100ELF Thoughts???
Posted: 11/18/10 at 4:23pm

I saw it and had a great time.

It's not trying to be anything more than a cute, fun holiday card to the Big Apple, and it works.

The haters just seem a tad bitter in this thread.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Gink Profile Photo
Gink
#101ELF Thoughts???
Posted: 11/18/10 at 4:48pm

Saw Elf on Tuesday, very cute and fun, but thought it was at its best when they were doing new material that wasn't in the movie. I had a very hard time not comparing the other stuff to the movie.

Buffyfan51
#102ELF Thoughts???
Posted: 11/22/10 at 9:32pm

Any updates on a possible cast recording? I saw the show saturday and loved it and I really want a cd.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#103ELF Thoughts???
Posted: 11/22/10 at 9:46pm

I saw the show this past Sunday and enjoyed myself a good bit. I've never seen the movie and didn't even know much about the story going in so I really had no expectations, but I found myself smiling the whole time (and that says something, because I'm not the biggest fan of the Christmas holiday/season to begin with). As others have said, it's not trying to be anything it's not: it's a fun, fluffy, entertaining holiday show and, despite its flaws, it delivers a fun afternoon. Definitely worth the $42 I paid to see it.

robinycus2
#104ELF Thoughts???
Posted: 11/28/10 at 10:34pm

Saw it Thanksgiving Day. I thought it was totally enjoyable. We had a great time. One of the more fun evenings I've had in the theatre in a while.

fitzykatebaldwinfan Profile Photo
fitzykatebaldwinfan
#105ELF Thoughts???
Posted: 12/1/10 at 9:19am

The cast of Elf talks about their Christmas traditions here:

http://www.broadway.com/shows/elf/buzz/154392/here-they-come-a-caroling-elf-stars-reveal-favorite-holiday-traditions-presents-and-more/

I just love how Sebastian Arcelus plays with the two stuffed animals...too cute!

"I never think of the classic musicals as old-fashioned; I think of them as timeless."--Kate Baldwin