News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gink

Gink Profile Photo
Member Name: Gink
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods  Apr 13 2022, 12:36:50 PM

We got tickets just to see Borle. Not a fan of NPH's singing. Really bummed.

Tickets Refunds  Mar 17 2020, 02:52:01 PM

We got our refund for Beetlejuice three days ago from Telecharge. They sent an email.

BECAUSE OF WINN DIXIE at Goodspeed  Jul 24 2019, 07:34:55 PM

Saw the show today, it was good. I don't see this coming to Broadway as is--not sure what their intentions are. They added an insert to to revise the song list--one song was apparently cut since it started and they added another. There were laughs--and some tears, and the dog was  really wonderful, but overall it was just good. It was nice getting to see J. Robert Spencer (although every time he sang I kept thinking of Dan from Next to Normal) and the Roz Ryan was a stand-out as Glor

The Prom, Tootsie or Oklahoma!  Apr 20 2019, 11:56:16 PM

We haven't seen Tootsie, but we really liked the Prom--there were some fantastic performances and it was a lot fun, but Oklahoma really stuck with us. We hated the dream ballet, but we would see this again over The Prom if we had to chose. If you want a really fun night with a traditional Broadway show, see The Prom; looking for something different and darker--Oklahoma.

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Mar 31 2019, 09:16:45 PM

Saw the show tonight, (bummed we didn't get chili as we were at the bathrooms at intermission) but we really liked the show. We didn't love all of it, but came out very happy.

The Dream Ballet did not connect with us--especially the butt schooching on the floor which reminded me of my dog and his anal glands and we didn't get the boots dropping. If someone knows the director's intent for the ballet I would love to read it. We could see some things like the hor

School of Rock  Sep 12 2018, 09:03:55 PM

My husband--who loves the movie--loved it. I thought it was ok. The kids (late teen, early 20's) liked it. It was fun, but just didn't grab me. 

Be More Chill Coming to Broadway?!  Aug 30 2018, 08:04:04 PM

UncleCharlie said: "msmp said: "Bwayfan292 said: "For me its not the show its more the fans im dreading. Sure the show is good, and its a hell of a lot better than some of the crap thats playing now. But once the fan base come, and I find the be more chill “stans” to be more crazy than the Heathers “stans” the shows gonna go to chaos. But of course, we survived the Brendon Urie Kinky boots fans, so I guess we might survive this one."

Zaks & ROTTEN! team to work on DOUBTFIRE musical  Aug 28 2018, 12:31:03 PM

Valentina3 said: "Need more women on the team. This story needs a woman's voice to modernize it :/

PS - Norbert Leo Butz for the lead, yes?
"

Norbert would be great--he was so funny in Is he Dead?.

Be More Chill Off-Broadway Official Thread  Aug 27 2018, 02:07:42 AM

I saw the show tonight--it was a lot of fun and I thought the book had been a bit improved since I saw a college production of it. It's still a little messy imo, but the leads and ensemble were amazing and really sold it.   

Just curious--Michael wears a 'Creeps' shirt at the Halloween party--we were trying to figure out what the reference was. Does anyone know if it's a reference to something or just a random shirt?

Is the play that goes wrong good?  Aug 25 2018, 08:41:45 PM

HopeChanged said: "No. I kept my hopes up for the first 15-20 minutes - (just wanted a fun/silly/laugh-filled time ) - then resigned myself to the fact that it was a bunch of repetitive, highly unfunny yelling & screaming. Left at Intermission. Blech."

I don't remember a lot of yelling or screaming--just 'actors' trying to continue a show while not reacting to the chaos going on around them. Humor is subjective though. 

Is the play that goes wrong good?  Aug 21 2018, 02:38:13 PM

We, and most people around us, were crying from laughing so hard--the entire time--but the gal right next to me did not crack a smile for the whole show. That's why if Peter Pan goes Wrong is still around on-line I suggested the poster check it out to see if their sense of humor matches with this kind of humor.  This was the most fun I'd ever had on Broadway.

Is the play that goes wrong good?  Aug 21 2018, 02:27:33 PM

Adescalzo14 said: "On today tixsthere are $30 tickets to the play that goes wrong. Should I buy tickets to see the show? Is it as good as what people say it is?"

My family of four and a friend and her mother--who don't do Broadway but went because they had a gift card--thought it was utterly hilarious. If you want to see if it's something you might like, I believe some of the groups other shows are on you-tube. Peter Pan Goes wrong was so funny. The bunk bed

"The rap Hava Nagila is possibly the worst number ever on Broadway."  Aug 21 2018, 12:58:14 PM

Gink said: "Gink said: "Mister Matt said: "It's not as bad as Good-Time Girl from Over Here or The Beauty Underneath from Love Never Dies, but it's pretty close."

Lol--my high school did this show in the 80's. I believe some of the lyrics were "Although she looks like Venus, she may infect your penis" And "You don't want to dance the VD polka!"
"

I can't find the lyrics on-line, but I&#

"The rap Hava Nagila is possibly the worst number ever on Broadway."  Aug 21 2018, 12:56:09 PM

Gink said: "Mister Matt said: "It's not as bad as Good-Time Girl from Over Here or The Beauty Underneath from Love Never Dies, but it's pretty close."

Lol--my high school did this show in the 80's. I believe some of the lyrics were "Although she looks like Venus, she may infect your penis" And "You don't want to dance the VD polka!"
"

I can't find the lyrics on-line, but I'm trying to remember i

"The rap Hava Nagila is possibly the worst number ever on Broadway."  Aug 21 2018, 12:52:14 PM

Mister Matt said: "It's not as bad as Good-Time Girl from Over Here or The Beauty Underneath from Love Never Dies, but it's pretty close."

Be More Chill Off-Broadway Official Thread  Aug 2 2018, 12:39:03 AM

dearalanaaaa said: "So I'm looking on the ticket's website for a friend and... all tickets got their prices raised by $10 it seems, and out of all 4 pages of performances, there are only 15 left (all weekdays towards the end of the run) that aren't sold out. I genuinely think this has a possibility of transferring or extending... thoughts? Even StubHubhas $10,000 resell tickets. I have never seen an example of a fandom so energized that propel a show to Broadway? Everythi

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour  Jul 29 2018, 07:15:40 PM

¿Macavity? said: "I didn’t see this show, so for someone that did and is willing to say, how exactly did they stage the “demises” of Violet and Veruca? Now I’m dying to know!"

Violet blows up--literally. Her costume expands like in the movies, she goes offstage and then blows up and her father, who was at the edge of the stage is showered with her guts. It's not gory--but it's purple stuff ,ribbons and fabric, etc--&nb

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour  Jul 29 2018, 03:48:28 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "ChairinMain said: "All they need to do is put in a scene at the end, like in the original book, where the kids are shown to be fine. Altered, but alive.Or even just have Wonka say outrightthat there's a way to restore them, the way he does in the movie. The fact that the musical just kind of outright kills the kids, as opposed to punishing them and their parents but leaving them alive, is the worst thing about it."

I

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour  Jul 29 2018, 02:48:56 PM

Like I said, the kids around me were fine, but the girls demises in the show were extreme. My daughter, who doesn't even like kids, was horrified for the children in the audience. I'm thinking most kids viewed it as cartoon violence and were fine. Personally, it seemed like one of those Putnam County Spelling Bee nights for Adults--ramp up the off-color jokes,violence--in this case-for the adults only show. That said, it all happens so fast and the show doesn't dwell on it. I

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour  Jul 29 2018, 02:34:23 PM

South Fl Marc said: "I have to confess that watching several insufferably entitled millennial parents screaming about how the scenes scarred their kids ... when their kids couldn't care less, probably after seeing things much worse daily on tv, made the entire show for me."

Yes, the kids around me--including a VERY well behaved toddler--were fine. My late teen daughter and I were way more shocked. I agree with the above poster that in the book/movie the kids

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You