News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayGuy12

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayGuy12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Celebs on Stage 2024/5 season  Apr 23 2024, 05:07:29 PM
EDSOSLO858 said:
  • Joe Jonas (The Last Five Years)
  • Nick Jonas (tick, tick… BOOM!)

I feel like I need to be caught up on something.

SUFFS Previews  Apr 14 2024, 11:47:13 AM

CoffeeBreak said: "Soo is leading a movie that came out last week.

https://playbill.com/article/see-phillipa-soo-learn-to-love-again-in-trailer-for-one-true-loves

wrote abook too. more projects to come...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALP_wBhQqvI
    "

One True Loves did not come out last week, it came out last year. It was released on April 7, 2023.

Gavin Creel's WALK ON THROUGH at MCC Theater  Nov 30 2023, 09:12:23 AM

Saw this last night and loved, loved, loved it. Would happily see it 10 more times if I could. Fingers crossed that there's an album, as I'd love to listen to these songs again and again.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Oct 23 2023, 10:28:26 AM

dramamama611 said: "Have we heard when tix will go on sale?"

American Express Card Member Early Access Begins October 25 at 10am EDT

Priority Mailing List Pre-Sale Begins November 1 at 10am EDT

ATG and Seat Geek Pre-Sale Begins November 1 at 1pm EDT

Public On-Sale Begins November 2 at 10am EDT

https://kitkat.club/cabaret-broadway/tickets/

JAJA'S AFRICAN HAIR BRAIDING Previews  Sep 27 2023, 08:55:17 PM

I was able to catch this this afternoon and would like to echo the praise here. Between School Girls, Nollywood Dreams, and now Jaja's African Hair Braiding, Jocelyn Bioh is officially on my list of "playwrights whose work I'll buy tickets to as soon as it's announced."

This features tremendous work all around - writing, directing, acting, design. I'll gladly join kwoc91 in that Tony campaign for Zenzi Williams, who I thought was sen

Melissa Etheridge at New World Stages 10/13-29  Jun 12 2023, 12:53:41 PM

The first night or two of the New World Stages run did not have an intermission, but one was added for all remaining performances.

New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?  Jun 8 2023, 11:44:19 AM

From the above interview, for those who don't feel like reading the whole thing:

"But I also have a new play, which hopefully is going to have a commercial run on the West End next year. It's called “Prince F****t”. In a nutshell, it's about Prince George 10 years from now, coming out to William and Kate. It traces ten years in his queer coming of age, culminating in the first gay royal wedding. It's a pretty raw kind of political satire, looking at the

PRIMA FACIE Reviews  Jun 7 2023, 06:28:13 PM

I was at the matinee today, after being gifted a ticket by someone who was unable to attend.

The performance started a few minutes later than usual (I want to say around 2:12pm), and, yes, about 5 minutes in Jodie Comer apologized to the audience and said she couldn't breathe in this air. She exited the stage, they made an announcement that they would be holding, and the curtain was brought back down. About 20 minutes later (at around 2:40pm), they said that they were planning on r

MJ recoups  May 15 2023, 10:50:52 PM

Congrats to MJ and all involved. I haven't seen the show, but it's always nice to see something become a financial hit, especially in this day and age.

Regarding Moulin Rouge, a Broadway Journal article from last week about the extension of the New York City Musical and Theatrical Production Tax Credit featured the following, buried several paragraphs in:

"Among the first movers that received the entire $3 million tax credit: Moulin Rouge!, the lavish, $28 million musical jukebox musical, which has recouped on Broadway, production spokesman Adrian Bryan-Brown told Broadway Journal"

Article here: http://broadwayjournal.com/new-york-extends-3-million-broadway-tax-credit-disneys-aladdin-approved/

2023 Broadway Real Estate  Mar 25 2023, 08:39:03 PM

chrishuyen said: "pethian said: "Also, hasn't a magic show of some sort been announced for The Barrymore after Peter Pan leaves?"

I think that was a test event someone found, but nothing official has been announced.
    "

I don't know if a press release ever made the rounds, but tickets are currently on sale on Telecharge. Looks like the entire run is only for a little over a week.

https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/El-Mago-Pop/Overview

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Mar 21 2023, 04:58:00 PM

noahseestheatre said: "Just paid the $10 to support the Shed and hopefully gain early access. We'll see if any tickets are left then..."

Same here. Definitely hoping this will help me get in, but, if not, at least I'll only be out $10.

THREE SISTERS - NYTW  Mar 6 2023, 01:10:01 PM

Just received the following email from NYTW:

"We regret to announce that the highly anticipated production of Three Sisters—directed by Sam Gold, in a new adaptation by Clare Barron, starring Oscar Isaac and Greta Gerwig—has been indefinitely postponed.  

Originally announced as part of the 2019/20 season, the production was initially delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the intervening three years, we’ve worked

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting  Mar 1 2023, 12:48:52 PM

I was there last night and liked it, but didn't love it - and I went in wanting to love it, so I can't help but feel a bit let down. I don't have much to add that hasn't been said here already, but here are a few thoughts.

The omission of the factory whistle is a huge, huge misstep. I missed it at so many points throughout the night - at the very top of the show, throughout "City on Fire," during many of the killings. It does so much to help set the tone of th

KPOP Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Feb 20 2023, 10:48:02 PM

Was wondering if this was still set to drop on Friday as I hadn't heard anything lately, and according to the Amazon product page it looks like the release date has been pushed to April 14.

Abud, Butz, Peil and more to lead CORNELIA STREET musical off-Bway  Jan 7 2023, 01:08:25 PM

I snagged an Access25 seat for 1/24 and I’m really looking forward to this. Probably one of my most anticipated musicals of 2023 out of everything that’s been announced thus far. 

Your 2022 Broadway & Beyond Recaps  Dec 18 2022, 10:29:47 PM

I saw my final performance of the year this past Thursday; I was lucky enough to see 49 shows throughout the year. Looking back, here are some of my favorites of 2022 (in no particular order):

The Minutes (Broadway)

Cost of Living (Broadway)

Suffs (The Public)

A Case for the Existence of God (Signature)

Into the Woods (Encores! and Broadway)

Downstate (Playwrights Horizons)

Merrily We Ro

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/23/22  Oct 25 2022, 06:25:16 PM

Six's weekly grosses haven't dipped below $1million since February, and the show has got to be pretty cheap to run. I'm not at all concerned about it's long-term viability, and imagine it will run for at least another couple of years.

And, honestly, once the time comes for it to pack it up on Broadway, I wouldn't be surprised to see it continue to have a healthy run at a place like New World Stages. It seems like the perfect show for that kind of venue.

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?  Sep 23 2022, 01:15:20 PM

I loved loved loved this at The Public (hard to believe it's been almost 10 years!) and would be overjoyed to get the chance to experience this - and Ruthie's knockout performance - again.

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2022-2023 Season  Sep 8 2022, 03:37:06 PM

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22  Sep 6 2022, 05:58:02 PM

ACL2006 said: "TotallyEffed said: "A Strange Loop went up, yay :)"

Capacity %, yes. Grosses, no. One of the few shows to have dropped in grosses for what was a busy holiday weekend.
    "

It should be noted, though, that A Strange Loop canceled their Sunday matinee this weekend due to cast illness, so they only performed 7 performances this week instead of 8.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You