News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

next to normal Front Row?

seussical93
#1next to normal Front Row?
Posted: 11/17/10 at 11:55pm

Hi everyone! I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on this. I'm going to be seeing the next to normal tour in LA and am contemplating whether or not to get front row tickets. I know that the sightlines and stuff might be a little different at the Ahmanson then at the Booth but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. How is the view from the front row? Do you miss much on the levels? Also can you still understand the lyrics or does the band overpower them? Lastly is it worth $90 or should I find a seat a little farther back? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for your help!
Kyle

afaye11
#2next to normal Front Row?
Posted: 11/18/10 at 12:09am

I can't speak to the Ahmanson, but at the Booth the front row is great! Sure, you miss a bit on the top levels, but nothing worth worrying about. With a show like Next To Normal it is, in my opinion, really important to sit as close as you can. It is a really intimate show, so the closer the better. At the Booth I have never had any trouble with the band overpowering the lyrics. I would say go for it! Then again, I don't know how high the stage is at the Ahmonson, so that might be something you want to look out for.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#2next to normal Front Row?
Posted: 11/18/10 at 1:26am

this is such an intimate show -- sit close - even front few rows at The Ahmanson are terrific.
I have only seen the show at The Booth but know The Ahmanson well...(seeing N2N in a few weeks)
hope this helps

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#3next to normal Front Row?
Posted: 11/18/10 at 10:11am

I sat in the front row in NYC, and I felt like they did the entire show just for me. You're into her head, the more intimate the seat the better!

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#4next to normal Front Row?
Posted: 11/18/10 at 12:45pm

I saw this show on Broadway, 2nd row, slightly left of center, and I absolutely loved every second of it. One needs to be close to really drink in all the dysfunction!
That being said, my bff, was upset that we were "too close" and he did not get to see enough of Klye with his shirt off in the opening number.

RazzleDazzle3
#5next to normal Front Row?
Posted: 11/18/10 at 8:23pm

First row at the Ahmanson for N2N will be a little close, but in a good way. The theatre is pretty large. If you can score seats in the first 10 rows, it will be a similar feeling to the Booth.

Videos